“Our best meal in Budapest!”
Review of Bohemtanya Etterem

Bohemtanya Etterem
Ranked #382 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My family and friends had passed this restaurant the night before on our walk back from the Oktagon area of Budapest. Looking at the menu briefly on the walk back looked very interesting and it was just behind my Gozsdu Court apartments (so very conveniently situated just off Deak ter). So, we decided to have an early dinner on July 5, 2014. The food was outstanding! We started off with two light Hungarian white wines (not too dry, so it was really nice); we ordered-
Roasted Goose drumstick with steamed cabbage and bulbous fraction potatoes (really outstanding);
Great Wiener Pork Shnitzel with Potatoe Puree (the schnitzel was humungous and I helped my niece through it alongwith my own pork cordon bleu);
Pork Cordon Bleu with French fries (just what I was pining for all along!);
Pork Chop “Gypsy” style with French fries;
Grilled salmon fillet with spinach and cottage cheese-pasta with garlic (the pasta was bland). All the food was outstanding. It was definitely my best meal in Budapest! The service was also very good and friendly. There was a duet playing with violins, which they played very well.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Budapest. It was expensive (HUF 18,000 odd) BUT well worth it and it would not deter me from visiting it again.

4  Thank DinshawA
There are newer reviews for Bohemtanya Etterem

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nice, smiley service and tasty food. The place was hidden a bit, but it was worth searching for it! We ate a goose beef stew.

2  Thank Karowlajna
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We liked it so much we went there twice while in Budapest. Good Food and fair prices. Service is added to the bill. It was okay because it was attentive service.

3  Thank Candice G
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Very affordable with good prices. In quiet vacinity. I went there by looking at sign on the main road.

2  Thank ਮੰਨੀ ਸ
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

It's located just close to the Arnassy boulevard, they have typical Hungarian plates..I ordered as appetizer their homemade dumplings with cheese and bacon and the portion was like a main course, staff is friendly and service was good too.

1  Thank bapsy73