“Great local eatery”
Review of Ket Szerecsen

Ket Szerecsen
Ranked #59 of 3,160 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Description: Unique atmosphere in the middle of the city just by the stunning Andrássy Avenue. International and Mediterranean cuisine mixed with Hungarian style and Hungarian ingredients.Be our guest for breakfast,lunch and dinner or just for a cup of coffee. We are at your service with icy refreshers, nice wines and friendly ambiance.
North Yorkshire
“Great local eatery”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Loved the food, beer, ambience & friendly waiters.

We stayed in Budapest 3 nights and ate here twice, it was so good.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Unpleasant solo dinner”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went to this restaurant because of the tripadvisor reviews, but I was disappointed by my dinner.

I came to dine solo, and the waiters at the entrance did not welcome me very warmly. They were downright haughty, in fact. They eventually led me to a small table, and I decided to ignore the bad welcome and concentrate on the food.

But things didn't get better. Ordered the foie gras as entree, and duck leg for my mains. The foie gras was decent. The duck leg came with apple slices baked in bacon, and it just didn't work at all. I mostly ate the potatoes on the side, and that tasted like something you could cook at home.

I couldn't wait to leave.

London, United Kingdom
“Breakfast here is a must!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We decided to come here for breakfast one morning as our hosts spoke highly of the place.

The place for us certainly lived up to expectations! It has a nice look, feel and atmosphere which added to the experience for us.

We both opted for the continental breakfasts. In this, you get fresh juices (choice of 3-4), tea/coffee/hot chocolate, a croissant and pain au chocolate. Everything was extremely fresh and this was evident in every bite! I was tempted to order again!

The staff here are great. You're greeted with a smile, the staff are polite and helpful in all aspects. As a result, we received a great service!

In all, we would recommend this place for the breakfasts!

Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the top Budapest restaurants”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have visited Hungary ten times. My husband was born there and has family living there. We have eaten at many restaurants, but this was best!! The menu is unique and preparation outstanding.

• Visited September 2013
Colorado, USA
“Excellent food, quaint, nice location”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The food here is excellent. We stumbled upon it by stopping one afternoon for tea and just got the feeling that it would be a great place for dinner - and it is, and at wonderful prices. We had a delicious meal with several glasses of delicious (dry) house wines - white and red - all for $55 including the 10% tip. This place would be good at twice the price. It is on a side street off Andrassy Avenue, a block from the Opera, so the location too is lively. Service is good and the atmosphere is relaxed, bit of old world with high ceilings and old furniture. I would go back there over and over. GAUTAM & JEAN SHAH, CO/MA, USA.