“LOVED!”

Ranked #200 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tapas y copas – Hungary’s first tapas bar opened its doors in 2004 in Budapest, at Kálvin Square. Authentic Spanish atmosphere and flavors are waiting for you with the finest delicacies of Spain in the heart of the city: wines of various protected geographical indications, hams, cheeses, as well as meat and fish meals prepared according to Spanish recipes. We also offer a uniquely large selection of vegetarian, lactose- and glucose-free dishes.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

One our favorite meals in Budapest. The tapas were perfectly sized and absolutely delicious. I drank several Champagne Sangria's. Our waiter was very friendly and gave us good advice of an after dinner lounge. A lot of locals, which is always a good sign!

There are newer reviews for Pata Negra - Pest

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were twice made very welcome on our short break - just managed to find us a space although we only gave them a few hours notice to book - and the second time was a Monday in mid-December so definitely popular with locals. There was also plenty for us to choose from to eat - we are difficult in not eating meat (fish is OK). Thought the prices were reasonable - we shared 4 main courses plus bread and 2 desserts and had plenty to eat.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Central location. I expected a much better food food quality. It was not bad, but it is only enough for an average or lower tapas bar and this place aims to cater for a bit more than average prices.

The waiter lectured me when served the food after I have politely mentioned that we have already finished with everything by the time one of our party got her tapas. I was shocked the way he treated my complaint, no apologies, nothing.
Instead I was 'tought' some facts about what a tapas bar is about. Because of this, I will not be going back any time soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food... Such a lovely variety, and all of it delicious... Very friendly and helpful staff. Lively and fun atmosphere. Best to book in advance though to avoid disappointment!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Spanish web-radio, simple, authentic dishes, prompt delivery, nice and friendly service (the waiter even remembered us after visiting it two times in 6 weeks), a full stomach with easened mind...what else can I say? Go and visit!