“French-style bistro in central Budapest” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Klassz

Klassz
Ranked #84 of 3,044 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian, Contemporary
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Budapest, Hungary
“French-style bistro in central Budapest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Charming bistro in the very centre of Budapest.
Pros: great lunch menu on weekdays for only 990 HUF; reasonable a la carte prices despite the location; terrace overlooking Andrássy avenue; good atmosphere; pretty good wine shop at the back of the restaurant.
Cons: Sometimes slow staff (especially if you sit outside); poor communication (no phone number available, no table reservation); the tapestry on the wall is slightly too eclectic to my taste; small (best for couples or small groups up to 4 people).

• Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
“So tasty first class food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you look for quality food, this is your place. I loved the food so much and enjoyed every bite. I could feel they paid attention to the details. We tried two dishes: rack of lamb with creamy champignon and thyme mashed potato and trout fillet with serrano ham and french beans. The lamb was amazing, so soft and together with the sauce and and the mashed potato it was a really good combination. Trout was excellent as well, especially its side dish. I would order them again. It is not cheap, but still fairly priced I think (12-14 EUR per dish). The menu has other interesting courses so I am sure we will come back again.

• Visited May 2013
Edgware, United Kingdom
“OMG - Duck Foie Gras to die for...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The last evening in Budapest after a hectic week of training...we were taken to this restaurant by my colleagues!! Imagine, in a quant restaurant surroundes by fantastic predominantly Hungarian wines and served getting food to die for! This is the best Foie Gras starter I have ever had in my life. Each mouthful was savoured with intense pleasure. I enjoyed it so much that I did not even offer to share my food - which is definitely not me!!! The main course of fish was also devine followed by lovely dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food accompanied by the right wine for each of the courses (we had a wine connoisseur in our midst) was fabulous!!

• Visited April 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had dinner here on Saturday night and really enjoyed it. We recommended it to friends who had lunch the next day which they also loved.
The food is Hungarian inspired and really good. The only down point was that we waited a long time for them to take our order and also to bring the bill, so maybe this place is not so good if you have limited time. Other than that, it was a great place and we would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
Holywell, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lovely place to eat. We went in the evening. The staff speak great English and are very knowledgeable and willing to help match your wine to your meal. Lovely choice of wines on offer and the food is first rate. I had the duck - it was succulent and tasty. Be prepared to perch on a high table and chairs next to the bar (lovely atmosphere) as seems to get busy quickly. Great value for money - go there and see for yourself! Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Visited March 2013