“OMG - Duck Foie Gras to die for...”
Review of Klassz

Klassz
Ranked #97 of 3,237 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Edgware, United Kingdom
“OMG - Duck Foie Gras to die for...”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The last evening in Budapest after a hectic week of training...we were taken to this restaurant by my colleagues!! Imagine, in a quant restaurant surroundes by fantastic predominantly Hungarian wines and served getting food to die for! This is the best Foie Gras starter I have ever had in my life. Each mouthful was savoured with intense pleasure. I enjoyed it so much that I did not even offer to share my food - which is definitely not me!!! The main course of fish was also devine followed by lovely dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food accompanied by the right wine for each of the courses (we had a wine connoisseur in our midst) was fabulous!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had dinner here on Saturday night and really enjoyed it. We recommended it to friends who had lunch the next day which they also loved.
The food is Hungarian inspired and really good. The only down point was that we waited a long time for them to take our order and also to bring the bill, so maybe this place is not so good if you have limited time. Other than that, it was a great place and we would definitely go back.

Holywell, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lovely place to eat. We went in the evening. The staff speak great English and are very knowledgeable and willing to help match your wine to your meal. Lovely choice of wines on offer and the food is first rate. I had the duck - it was succulent and tasty. Be prepared to perch on a high table and chairs next to the bar (lovely atmosphere) as seems to get busy quickly. Great value for money - go there and see for yourself! Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Visited March 2013
Washington,DC
“a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife was worried that she waould not find anything that she could eat on a recent trip to Budapest. She was pleasantly surprised by the very eclectic menu at Klassz. She had an excellent trout dish while I was able to the kind of pork dish that I had hoped foThe waiter was able to recommend two Hungarian wines with which we were not familiar that went perfectly with each of our meals. The meal was topped off by an excellent dessert. All at a very reasonable price.

Aarhus, Denmark
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Really friendly service - great food - and it is fairly cheap compared to the quality ! They have a small wine store in the back.

Visited July 2012