““Convenient to Opera and Food is Very Good””
Review of Klassz

Klassz
Ranked #100 of 3,372 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday evening before the opera. The place wasn't full.
I had DUCK BREAST WITH SAGE, PEARS, CRÉME FRAICHE AND FETTUCCINE. It was delicious. I was disappointed with the dessert choices, but selected the coconut flan. It was just okay. The service was prompt, but the waiter wasn't overly friendly.
Overall, I have a very mixed reaction to this place.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great service and delicious menu - returned more than once. Moderate prices. Go early to avoid the crowd. Not far from the Opera House, so convenient for an early dinner.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Recently went with my husband to this restaurant on a Friday afternoon, end up coming back the following day! (They do not take reservations, so if you want to go, do come early because otherwise there will be a wait for a table - there are not many tables - and the entire place gets full by 7pm!)

The food here is delicious. The soup is very good (he had the crab soup with the baby octopus, while I've had both the consomme as well as the Hungarian style mushroom soup). We also ordered twice the foie gras - it was excellent!! Large portion for the price, especially if you're used to prices in London like we are!

For mains we had the the beef stew (for those unfamiliar with Hungarian dishes, stew isn't a soup as much as it is a type of curryish thing) and the side of eggplant. I did not like the eggplant, but that's probably more because I wasn't really in the mood for it. It was prepared perfectly.

The wine selection is amazing - do try the Hungarian wines, they're excellent. You can even order them to take home because they're affiliated with Bortarsasag, which is a wine seller (you can order the Hungarian wines via their website vs the restaurant for cheaper..)

The service was very good. Nice waiters, friendly staff, etc., etc. The restaurant itself is cute and charming.

Overall we had a very positive experience both times we were there and I highly recommend it to everyone living, or visiting, Budapest. (Though I don't want to because that means more and more people will come and it'll be harder for me to get a table next time!) I am returning to Hungary next month and cannot wait to take my mother and sister here.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had some very nice food here, atmosphere is cosy. The only disappointment was our dessert. Recommended!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This restaurant is located in a famous street Andrashy. Usually the restaurants in this street are pricey but this one is not.
They have a simple menu but every dish is good. I recommend.