“Convenient, clean, spacious”

and 1 more site!
Golden Stars Budapest Apartments
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Nice apartment in a typical Budapest apartment building in a graet location right by the central market. Bright, clean and fully Ikea furnished! Tomas was very helpful and the whole experience, from reserving to checking out, was completely painless.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BlaiseUSA

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We spent a week in the Royal Apartment, and loved every minute of it. The apartment is spacious, spotlessly clean and very central. It is a short walk to the Market Hall (with great snacks and beer upstairs!), to the Vaci Utca, and to the Danube, not to mention Raday street with all its bars and restaurants. There is a supermarket just across the road, and the Central Cafe just up the street is excellent for coffee and breakfast. It actually took us a day or two to realise just how central we were.

Tomas was very helpful both before and during our stay, and took the time on our first day to give us tips about places to go in Budapest. Due to the Hungarian national holiday taking place whilst we were there, he also suggested a day out in Szentendre to avoid the crowds in Budapest, which made an excellent contrast with Budapest itself.

We always tend to stay in apartments when we holiday but it isn't always so easy to contact the owner and get a prompt reply as with this apartment - there is a phone in the apartment and Tomas was easily contactable by email. The wi-fi was very reliable.

We would like to return to Budapest and when we do, we'll definitely be staying in this apartment.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJ71
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great location, Had a fab weekend in Budapest, Couldn't fault the apartment in any way. Will be back! Would Highly recommend the Apartment and thanks for the local info!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Our stay at the apartment in the Balassi Street was very nice. The apartment is very close to the Parliament and only 15 minutes walk from the central train station.
The apartment is very comfortable and well equipped also for longer stays. Thomas was a very nice host, he gave us lots of ideas and helped us planing our itinerary for the stay. He also advised us one of the best goulash soups in town in the For Sale Pub in the centre of Budapest, we can really recommend the location and the soup!
All together we can only recommend this apartment.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My friend and I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay in both, Budapest and the Golden Stars apartment. The location made getting around super easy (we didn't end up using public transport our entire trip, choosing instead to walk everywhere). The apartment itself was huge and was nicely decorated. Tomas was an excellent host who took the time to show us places of interest and mark them on a map (especially helpful given it was our first time in Budapest). Being so close to all the action meant there was plenty of things to see and do in the areas surrounding the apartment including shopping, eating and sightseeing. All in all, a really great experience, thanks in large part to Tomas and the Golden Stars apartment!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Note that "Golden Stars" refers to several different apartments. I stayed at the Dream apartment, the larger and more luxurious of them I think.

The location is perfect. At the southern tip of Vaci Utca, a few dozen meters from the Central Market Hall, I practically walked everywhere. Pubic transportation is also easily accessible, with two tram lines running by the house and a metro stop just a 5 minute walk away. A trip to the airport took 25 minutes (outside of rush hours).

It's a two-bedroom apartment with very high ceilings, in an older house. The master bedroom is large, spacious and well equipped. The living room is similarly spacious, and very beautifully appointed. The second bedroom is small (I never used used it, but if two couples were to use the place it would be inconvenient. For a child, or even two young ones, it should work). There's now real view, all windows face either an inner courtyard or the next house.

There's a narrow but fully equipped kitchen, with a 4-seat dining table, and a narrow but very pretty bathroom with everything you can expect, including a washing machine. Both feel a little crowded, but I got used to it immediately.

Everything is impeccably clean, and everything works, perfectly. The place feels very cozy, like being invited to some a friend's house and then being left the house for yourself. It really felt good to come back to the apartment every day. I used the kitchen for breakfasts and was very happy with it -- shopping for produce at the nearby market and then eating at home.

As others said, Tomas is wonderful. He really understands the need of a traveler, and he does everything he can to help. The (free!) airport transfer and the mobile phone with a local SIM card are only two examples. I would certainly stay here again on a future visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed in two of these apartments between January 18 and 23, 2012. The first apartment was the 2-bedroom "Dream" apartment located right on the well-known Vaci Utca pedestrian street and very close to the big Market Hall. The second was the "Deluxe" studio apartment in a different, more Bohemian/artsy part of the same neighborhood. Tomas [--], the owner, was simply outstanding as far as his helpfulness and friendliness. He is a wonderful artist and both apartments reflected his artistic skills, including having his actual artwork on the walls and being decorated in especially attractive ways.

It was a pleasure to stay at the Dream apartment. All of the rooms, including the 2 bedrooms, were a nice size. The sofas and chairs were large and comfortable. The bathroom had a water heater that ensured a continuous supply of hot water. I very much appreciated the washing machine in the bathroom as I very much needed it after just having spent 10 days in Kazakhstan. For a small charge, Tomas supplied a laptop and because of that, I did not bring my own netbook, thus reducing my luggage weight and airport security inconveniences.

As a first-time visitor to Budapest, I found the location of the Dream apartment to be perfect for me. The big Market Hall is only a couple of blocks, which made shopping very easy. So that I wasn't carrying a ton of stuff at the same time (especially bottles that can be heavy), I made a couple of trips back and forth to this Market and the location of the apartment was ideal for doing this efficiently and quickly.

The Deluxe apartment was also comfortable and fairly large for a studio. In addition to the bed, it also had a sofa, chairs and a small table among the furnishings. The kitchen was a nice size had everything one would need.

The location of the Deluxe apartment was a 10-minute drive from the Dream apartment. It was in a Bohemian/artsy neighborhood with a lot of interesting cafes and places to eat. I very much enjoyed walking around this neighborhood. Oktogon (the junction of Nagykörút [Grand Boulevard] and Andrássy) is within 10-15 minutes' walking distance and there is plenty to see in that general area, such as the Opera House, the Terror House, the Franz Liszt Museum, and much more.

Tomas was awesome. He offered many suggestions about things to see and how to get there. When I moved over to the Deluxe apartment, Tomas took me and my luggage there himself in his own car! WOW!!! Tomas also arranged for airport transfers, which I greatly appreciated because it was one less thing to worry about after being a bit worn down by my 10 days in Kazakhstan.

For me, the Golden Stars apartments were basically perfection!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo