“Excellent food and service”

Callas Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #397 of 3,581 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently journeyed to Budapest for 7 days. During my trip, I fell in love with this restaurant. Upon entering the majestic entryway I knew the restaurant was going to be great. The service staff went above and beyond to make sure all of my needs were met. I ate at the restaurant twice during my stay and every meal that our party had was delicious. I highly recommend the Pork medallions as well as the Ravioli.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Had early dinner so have no idea how busy it can get on a Friday or Saturday but the decor and food was awesome. European cuisine done well. Deserts were delicious and it's on a great tree lined street with the opera and fancy stores.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Callas is next door to the Opera and is a beautiful Art Deco cafe. It looks pricey but it's not!

The cakes were gorgeous and the waiters excellent and professional. Go there!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Positioned right next to the Opera it's a beautiful restaurant with a great selection of food.
Recommended by our hotel we booked a table for 8 and it was surprisingly empty until after 9. However they had live music - a band with opera singer which was very nice.
Me and my friend had the traditional hungarian dishes (but there were a lot of other on offer) - beef fillet budapest style and duck leg and are both superb.
The dessert was great too! We had french chocolate cake and crumble. The price is very reasonable for a restaurant with such a posh decor and I would high recommend it!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went here during a short city break. Recommended by our concierge at the hotel and didn't disappoint. Food and drinks were brilliant, I had the tapas plate and my girlfriend had goats cheese both were lovely, I would highly recommend the Angus fillet but my girlfriend had the fillet Budapest style and she would say the same about hers. The evening we were there had live music which was lovely, would have been nicer if they spent more time playing as they'd play a few songs and then sit at the bar for 20 minutes but all in all a highly recommended place to go. People have made a few comments about price, yes it is expensive for Budapest if you had the same experience in London would pay much more. For 2 cocktails, 1 bottle of wine, 2 starts, 2 mains and 1 dessert inclusive of service was about £110.