“Great food, service & value”

Callas Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #399 of 3,582 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is located on the elegant Andrassy Ut, next to The Opera House. Perfect location, not far from our hotel.
During our 6 day stay in Budapest, we visited this place more than 5 times for lunch or dinner. The staff was always very nice and friendly. The food was excellent, and the price was very friendly too.
There are so many options you can choose from the menu. We tried many different dishes, and they all were delicious. Try their home made cakes too! They are yummy!
We would really like to recommend this restaurant to everyone who's visiting Budapest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

You can sit outside and look at the Opera House. Food is good. We had a very good Cesar's Salad wating for our time to tour the Opera. Beautiful building nicely decorated. services are good and staff friendly

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I was in Budapest 4 days and managed to eat here twice. The lemon cream soup with mint meringue was shear heaven. I begged my traveling companions to go to this restaurant just to have this cold soup. They did. There is music on offer too, not always, but just when you need it. I loved everything about the cafe except the waitstaff. Perhaps I expect more joviality than I should. Obviously it did not put me off so badly that I did not return. Still, a little cheerfulness couldn't hurt.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We just popped in for a drink, the bar area was very nice and the waitress friendly. The cakes looked amazing but we didn't partake this time :)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Beautiful setting, impeccable service and great food, although a bit on the pricy side. Probably due to location right next to the Opera House.