“3 course dinner”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Andrássy út
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Quite enjoyed the music, but bit loud as beside our table. We'd pre-paid for 3 course dinner & I think Hungarian must like dumplings as we dumpling in main and pudding! Actually I rather enjoyed the rare duck just unsure semolina dumplings went with this dish, but clearly local delicacy. Inside is really full of character, though we couldn't spot anything to do with the great Maria Callas, but as beside the opera house clearly strong links.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had dinner at the Callas restaurant with my girlfriend.
All tables outside were full, so we stayed inside, once there I couldn't believe that so many customers decided to stay outside.
The atmosphere is absolutely incredible, with a very good singing show, but annoying as usually happens.
We had a callas tapas starter, which was quite good, the veal stew with pasta rolls, which was better. We had also two Kir Royals as aperitifs and had two beers and natural water. Then two desserts, with a plenty choice of cakes, pastries, ice cream and a wonderful Somloi (hope it's written right) for a total of nearly 70 euros.
I can't complain about the service even if it seems a bit confused.
I recommend this place, even just for a slice of cake after the Opera.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge of our hotel and did not disappoint. It is located right next to the Opera House and has great ambience with art nouveau decor. We visited on a Saturday night and could not fault the attentive service. We had a champagne apperitif, a sharing platter to starts, 2 main courses (rabbit and duck) and 4 glasses of wine (expertly recommended by the waiter to complement our meals) which came to £75 - very reasonable. All in all a lovely evening with the additional enjoyment of an excellent string quartet which served to enhance the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stopped here twice recently for wine -- this location is hard to beat -- on Budapest's upscale Andrassy Ut and near the Opera House. The outside tables bring you close to the emotion and tenor of a great European City.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food was not as great I expected and service was a little slow but the ambiance was great and we had a good time. Service was somewhat slow but may be because we came on a busy night. menu selection was great, lots of local authentic dishes. food quality was decent.