“Amazing view and food”

Ranked #216 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Spoon as a restaurant boat is located in the central spot of Budapest-Hungary. This 75m engine less fine dining event and restaurant place is able to provide it's services in 365 days. From top it has two hugh terraces and an additional one with glass sided walls, the winter garden. On the middle level we have two different designed restaurants, we call them the "Cafe" wich is more like a real fine dining hall and the "Lounge", that is a luxury relax eating area. As an additional service we provide a night club in the bottom level, with direct access from the Lounge. It's design is about the arabican fantasy, it's called the "The Oriental". On each level we have a full kitchen, that makes the Spoon able to serve every type of event and customer in different timing and every season of the year. Our goal is to give high quality service to the corporate events, private parties and of course as the location the Sponn is right on the most wanted spot of Budapest, we are a must see restaurant.
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Unforgettable view, delicious food, very good service and very kind waiter, unforgettable Valentine's dinner, but wine really expansive: one bottle costed like the whole dinner!!!
Check carefully before asking for a bottle!!!

There are newer reviews for Spoon Cafe & Lounge

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

A company that I work with treated 20 people to dinner at Spoon. A great view to the palace in Buda across the Danube. The goose liver pate and the duck breast which was cooked to perfection along with a great selection of Hungarian wines made for a fine dinner. A pianist provided a nice touch to perfect evening. I will definately visit again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

we would like to thank the management and staff of Spoon for the great company dinner we enjoyed on saturday Jan 26, 2013.

The food quality was perfect and the service outstanding!!

1  Thank Huub C
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We just came back from a very nice evening at the restaurant. I had an alcohol free mojito as an aperitif and my partner a plum liquor. For the starter we had chosen arugula salad with grapefruit, artichoke and parmesan and a winter salad, the main course was butterfish with mashed purple potatoes and a basil sauce and red snapper with a red curry sauce and caramelized salsifies. The desert was a brownie with vanilla ice cream.
The arugula salad had in addition to the mentioned artichoke and grapefruit pieces of green asparagus too. I really liked the contrast of the flavors of the grapefruit and arugula on one side and the artichoke and green asparagus on the other side. The butterfish has a very firm texture which I found surprising, it was sitting on a good portion of tasty mashed purple potatoes surrounded by a creamy basil sauce. Very nice. Since my piece of butterfish was pretty thick on one side, I noticed that the center would have needed just a moment longer for me. I asked the waiter if the cook could give it just a moment longer, which wasn't a problem at all. A few minutes later I got my fish back sitting on a freshly arranged plate. So I got to enjoy a little extra potatoes and basil sauce. My partners red snapper was just nice. It was a big piece of filet with some mashed potatoes with basil, the curry sauce and the salsifies. Yummy!
I was unfortunately already too full to have a desert, so only my boyfriend got a desert and I a spoon from the very thoughtful waiter. I would call the brownie more a chocolate muffin with a liquid center which came almost steaming to our table. A very good choice.

We found the service very nice and attentive. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, well trained staff, offers good food and is very clean. That my fish was slightly too raw for me, didn't matter at all because they fixed it immediately.
My partner had some white wine with the food too and we got bread and paid only 23000HUF. For us it was very cheap but we live in Norway. We would go back to the Spoon at any time (actually it was the 4th time for my partner tonight) and can only recommend it warmly.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recommended in a Budapest Guide so we turned up after a day's Christmas Market-ing and Great Market Hall-ing in the bitter cold of Decembrrr. Outdoor (deck) seating looked good but it was too cold. They were starting to serve early evening diners but were very accommodating when we asked for just coffee. Decided to have a glass of champers each as well. No problem! Delicious as it was it was, perhaps, not really worth the £12 a glass! We should have asked the price first but we were on hols and were tired!