“Not value for money”

Ranked #224 of 3,301 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Spoon as a restaurant boat is located in the central spot of Budapest-Hungary. This 75m engine less fine dining event and restaurant place is able to provide it's services in 365 days. From top it has two hugh terraces and an additional one with glass sided walls, the winter garden. On the middle level we have two different designed restaurants, we call them the "Cafe" wich is more like a real fine dining hall and the "Lounge", that is a luxury relax eating area. As an additional service we provide a night club in the bottom level, with direct access from the Lounge. It's design is about the arabican fantasy, it's called the "The Oriental". On each level we have a full kitchen, that makes the Spoon able to serve every type of event and customer in different timing and every season of the year. Our goal is to give high quality service to the corporate events, private parties and of course as the location the Sponn is right on the most wanted spot of Budapest, we are a must see restaurant.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very expensive for the food and services offered. Not recommended. I went there on Christmas and the food was not good enough. The service was too slow. Dishes are small. Not worth a visit.

NGspoon, Manager at Spoon Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Korinaki!

I feel very sorry for your feelings about the Christmas dinner you spended with us. About the food, regarding to the good comments which has been written for us by other customers from the same night, is very difficult for us to judge our kitchen and chef with your feedback. I hope when you visit next time Budapest you will give another try to Spoon.
Looking forward to welcome you on board again!

Gergely Németh

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was fortunate enough to visit here for New Year's Eve, and enjoyed a superb dining and atmospheric experience.

The location itself is beautiful, the interior decor lovely, the staff more friendly and helpful than I have encountered almost anywhere else, and the food fabulous.

Although there were a lot of other tourists there, the food itself was genuine Hungarian cuisine but superbly done. Not only which, but I have various dietary requirements which can be an issue, but all of were catered to thoughtfully and sympathetically.

As a dining experience it is one I would wholeheartedly recommend - it was a pleasure to be there, and I will definitely return. Recommended for a meal or for New Year's Eve... As long as you go here you can't go wrong!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Sppon is weel known restaurants even for the local people. I was staying there for a company dinner and it was really full at the middle of the week - there was both local and tourists. The best thing about it is that it is a boat on Danube river and there is magnificent view no the palace accross the river. 2 years before that I visited it for a coffee and coctail and I loved it more than this second time. Probably because it was very full and probably because I didn't chose well the dinner: I took some fish which was with untasty red sauce, the salad was nothing special (soemthing like Italian salad) and the gourme deserts were not my taste either. The "palinka" and the wine were the only things I liked but I'm not a pro at food so I don't know if it was the food or just me

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderful service here, and really delicious food in a superb location. Do treat yourself to this place on at least one night during your stay in Budapest - perhaps the last night, as we did, is best. Mind out that they will encourage you to drink Palinka as an aperitif; this is certainly palette cleansing (very strong!) but you should be aware they are priced between 2900 and 4900 florints (€10-€17) so buy with your eyes open. We asked to share one between two and they were fine with that.

I recommend trying the pheasant, and the gourmet desert selection at the end. All brilliantly cooked and flavoured - one of the best meals I've had in ages, in quite the best setting.

There's a discount of 10% for paying cash, so take a good amount with you - perhaps allow €40 a head (11000 florints) to be sure of having enough at the end when you've had an aperitif, a main course, a desert, and half a bottle of wine each. If you are more frugal in your ordering you could get away with €20-€30 - the food itself is not that expensive at all, and is in fact very good value for the quality.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The duck is fantastic, get whatever the waiter recommends! I bet its a classic tourist trap with it's lockton and view, but its deffinently worth a visit. Thanks for great service!