“Absolutely perfect”

Carne di Hall
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: The American literature author John Steinbeck was told by his professor that he would be an author when pigs flew. When he eventually became a novelist, he started to print every book he wrote with the insignia: ‚Ad astra per alia porci“ (to the stars on the wings of a pig) to encourage his readers never to give up believing that nothing is impossible.We believe: in dreams and in the love of gastronomy there are no impossibilities! Enjoy our unique and innovative selection of delicious Hungarian fusion food only from the freshest and finest local ingredients! Taste our carefully selected Hungarian wines from award-winning cellars!
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were staying in the adjacent Art'Otel so the 25yard walk was good. We booked in earlier that day as a party of 8 on the 30th December 2013 and they put a side room on reserve for us.

From the welcome, to the decor everything was great. Our waiter really knew his wines and arranged that we have a selection of starters rather than pick one on a lucky dip basis. All of them were wonderful

For main course the selection was good but not overwhelming. The food was fantastic and not even my "highly critical" friend complained.

The deserts went down very well but I went for a nice brandy instead (purely for digestive reasons of course!)

The bill was also a pleasant surprise at about £25 per head including all the wine we drank.

Thoroughly recomended

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Let's start with the good part: In a party of eight, everyone was very satisfied with the food, which is mainly meat based (easily understood, if you look at its name...). Classical Hungarian dished prepared in an alternative manner.

The bad part: I booked via e-mail and got a confirmation fast. Arriving at the restaurant, no reservation... We got a table close to the entrance, meaning that every time someone came in, a cold draught went over my back. The Goulash and the Hungarian meat stew, "pörkölt", on the menu wasn't available, which should be standard. And we had to wait an hour for the appetizer.

But if you like good meat food, then it's a good alternative, I think we were a little bit unlucky with the rest.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

A very friendly staff and chef especially considering we walked in just before the kitchen closed at 1030pm. We enjoyed the food and the service.

1  Thank David T
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here and the food was exceptional! You must pay a visit to this cute little restaurant. Away from all the touristy areas. The owner suggested the wine according to the dish that I ordered. I had the chickenpapprikash with egg noodles and my bf had the beef stew. The meat was very tender and the food tasted amazing! I would definitely go back if I was staying longer.

1  Thank Vara2014
Reviewed December 20, 2013

A three course meal for less than £5! Bargain! Lovely food, nice size portions and friendly staff!

Great place to stop on your way to Lukács Thermal Baths