“Great beer choice, food and view”

Belgian Brasserie Henri
Ranked #164 of 3,242 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great beer choice, food and view”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Nothing like a warm feeling bar/restaurant with a great beer selection and good food. On the Buda side, this was a nice walk from the Pest side, which then gives you a good view of both the Chain Bridge and the Parliament building. In summer I bet it's nice sitting outside watching the Danube flow by.

Beer prices were fine for imported Belgium beers with a few good ones on tap. If you like Belgium beers you'll get them here. From venison soup, lentil and shrimp soup to the duck breast with beet colored cabbage and bacon wrapped pork for main course they were all great. Good value for money and no problem with service even although it was packed.

Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great and reliably tasty!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wonderful option in a sleepy neighborhood. Surprisingly amazing bouillabaisse and great mussels. Was busy at 10pm on a Sunday night.

Geluveld, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK, not a real belgian bar”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Staff was not very friendly. I did not have the feeling like I was in a real belgian bar. Its more like a Hungarian bar with belgian beers. The beers are served correctly with matching glasses. The selection of beers is not that great. Good for people who want to get a taste of belgian beers. Belgians, its not worth going there, you will probably end up drinking a duvel or a westmalle (wich you can buy at a spar supermarket as well).

“What a great discovery!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We discovered this place by accident while on a bike trip and decided to eat there at the evening.
When we entered the bar we were very suprised by the comfy interior and the "belgian" design.
The food was really good and the portions were big enough so you wouldn't leave with hunger.
The restaurant is really cosy and we could sit there all evening without getting bored. Prices were very low for the great food and beers. We really loved it.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good food, wonderful beers”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My daughter and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Victoria Hotel on the Buda side of the river. We arrived at about 4pm and were rather hungry as we'd been travelling for about 9 hours (including waiting times). We walked a little way up the road from our hotel looking at menus of the restaurants we passed, and there were several within a short stretch. They all seemed to have similar prices but we decided on the Belgian Brasserie as my daughter fancied the lamb and I had the duck in blueberry sauce. I read someone's review of the blueberry sauce which stated that there was little taste of blueberry. I think this person must have been very unlucky as I had the same meal twice during our stay and I thought it was delicious with plenty of blueberries.
Someone else had reservations about the waiter who "thought he was Santa". We saw this waiter on two of the nights we dined there and he was always cheerful and jokey and I think this is far better than having a waiter who is miserable.
On the third night of our stay we decided that we would dine at a different restaurant, as we had dined at the Belgian Brasserie twice. We went to a fish restaurant in the next street and were asked if we would like to order our drinks before ordering the meal, though we hadn't been shown a drinks menu. We asked for one of the fruit beers which we had discovered at the Belgian Brasserie but they only had draught beer. I asked for a glass of medium sweet/dry white wine.....they only had dry wine. I said that I would have a glass of lemonade to go with the wine....they didn't have any lemonade. At this point we left.
Guess where we ate that night!! That's right....the Belgian Brasserie!
Obviously I can't comment on any other restaurant in Budapest, but I can say that the food at the Belgian Brasserie is very good and the choice of beers is great! Oh, and there is an English menu for the beers which describes each one in detail.

• Visited September 2012