“Great food, shame about everything else”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #655 of 3,160 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Description: TGI Fridays is a piece of America in the city center of Budapest. Just hop in for one of fall-off-the-bone tender ribs or juicy steaks with the famous Jack Daniel's sauce, with one of world famous Ultimate Cocktails! The fun atmosphere and remarkable guest experience is guaranteed. This is the place where every guest leaves happy!
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Great food, shame about everything else”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Great food, good portions and average value for money.

Unfortunately very bad service, always being up-sold everything. Pushed for a tip and wouldn't take no for an answer. Made the whole experience a regretful one.

I won't be going to this chain again.

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good quality food as expected”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had lunch in T.G.I. Friday's Oktogon. The portions were big, as expected, and the burgers were really delicious. Just the one of the two burgers was dry and not medium well.The service was fast and kind and spoke good English .

Visited April 2014
Chisinau
“Good burger and quesadilla”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We liked the food for lunch, ordered a burger and quesadilla and it was tasty. Not cheap but good and we would definetely pass by again. Staff was very friendly!

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“expensive and bad service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went inside to see a Football game.

We wanted it to eat but first we ordered 3 beers and a cocktail, took 15 minutes for the beer and 5 more for the cocktail.

I ordered 3 beers and then he did a joke of who was the girl (since I was not ordering beer), would be funny if I was not allergic to beer and if he didnt repeat it another time...not cool kid (I ordered Vodka).

Also he was not able to actually make the order right and he brought 3 large beers when I did order 3 small beers. After that we decided to go somewhere else to eat since the service was not as expected. I guess was some kind of bad luck since the place looks really nice.

Prices are really high compared to other restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Budapest, Hungary
“Good standard”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Centrally located in the heart of Budapest. Not too crowded.I was served a steak (170) grams which is too small when you are hungry. Such a small portion forces you to order a desert. characteristically, Friday's has just a imited assortiment of deserts. I had a good wine, recommended by the waiter. Since I went to the restaurant during 'happy hours' the waiter subtracted a certain sum from my bill. Friday's is probably not going that well in Budapest, since they closed one of the 4 restaurants. (In Deak Square). The price level of Friday's is above the average Hungarian restaurant, but so is the quality of the food they serve.

• Visited March 2014