“Nice Greek restaurant”

Taverna Dionysos
Ranked #41 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A little Greece on the riverbank of the Danube... Dionysos moved to the Pest bank of the River Danube on New Year's Eve 1993 and has since delighted the dwellers of our city with delicacies of Greek cuisine and delicious wine of its vineyards. The air is filled with the fragrance of char-grilled meats and fishes, fresh-cut vegetables and crispy-baked home style bread. Thanks to the friendly atmosphere, diners chit-chat casually around the tables, which blends pleasantly into the melodies of Greek music playing in the background. It is good to be in this restaurant. The pampering feeling of authentic entertainment accompanies the guests from the moment they enter up until they leave. We hope you visit us soon so that we may entertain you for a few hours here in little Greece of Budapest!
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are Greeks and found this Taverna from tripadvisor. We made a reservation for the party after the Resurrection of Christ in Easter. We had a good time and there was a team of musicians playing nice Greek songs. The quality of the food is good and the staff is very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Taverna Dionysos

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Excelent food and good service. The food is very tasty, the restaurant is well decorated and the terrace has wonderful wiews of the river. A piece of Grece in Budapest. I love Grece....:-) :-). Please, if you go to Budapest, try it....

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had to book a day ahead but it was totally worth it. As soon as you arrive you have the feeling you're on a Greek island, probably Santorini. The view you have on the river and on the castle is also worth mentioning. The food is typical Greek and extremely tasty. I can only recommend such a restaurant although its a little bit pricey.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

By coincidence my first lunch in Budapest was not Hungarian but Greek! I intentionally did not want to enjoy a meal in the overpriced restaurants at Vaci street. While walking back from the Freedom Bridge, in Northerly direction along the Donau river to my hotel, I found this Taverna. The guests enjoying their food and drinks outdoor in the sun made me turn around. The menu offers a nice selection of Greek dishes although the prices are a bit high. Nevertheless the quality of the food is good and the staff is very friendly. I promised to return on my last day, however I already came back the following day with a friend. This time we enjoyed dinner inside and experienced again great food and a nice atmosphere. Only now I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and I can only agree with the positive feedback.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We booked a table for this restaurant since they had such great reviews here on TripAdvisor, but I must say, for a top-ten restaurant, we were a bit disappointed. The volume in here is really loud, although that is not entirely their fault, and the food was average. Yes, my leg of lamb was very tender, but nothing special. My boyfriends meat was quite fatty.
I do feel bad for this review, but this is what we experienced..

The service was quite good, we got a small dessert free of charge, and I, as all other girls, got a flower. They seemed to understand well what gluten is, since we had a translated card and the server only glanced through it and nodded.

Very nice view over the river if you sit outdoors.