“Great food, affordable prices! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taverna Dionysos

Taverna Dionysos
Ranked #29 of 3,089 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A little Greece on the riverbank of the Danube... Dionysos moved to the Pest bank of the River Danube on New Year's Eve 1993 and has since delighted the dwellers of our city with delicacies of Greek cuisine and delicious wine of its vineyards. The air is filled with the fragrance of char-grilled meats and fishes, fresh-cut vegetables and crispy-baked home style bread. Thanks to the friendly atmosphere, diners chit-chat casually around the tables, which blends pleasantly into the melodies of Greek music playing in the background. It is good to be in this restaurant. The pampering feeling of authentic entertainment accompanies the guests from the moment they enter up until they leave. We hope you visit us soon so that we may entertain you for a few hours here in little Greece of Budapest!
Budapest, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, affordable prices! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Great authentic Greek food. Large portions (more than you can eat!), and pleasant atmosphere. Prices are very affordable. Highly recommend, especially the couples meat assortment. Go to the Taverna hungary!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth
“Greek food at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

On our first night in Budapest, after taking amazing photos of the Parliament building, we were looking for a nice Hungarian restaurant to sample the local cuisine. However we happened upon Taverna Dionysos and being great fans of Greece and its food we decided to call in. We were greeted by very friendly staff and shown to a table in an incredible room which looked just like a Greek garden. We started by sharing a delicious spinach and feta spanakopita and some keftedes and followed this with mousakka, Greek salad and lamb in a creamy sauce with lettuce and dill and oven baked potatoes, all washed down with Hungarian beer (well we had to have something produced locally)!!! We would definitely recommend this restaurant, the food, service and surroundings were all excellent.

• Visited February 2014
Waterloo, Canada
“Best Greek I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was an incredibly pleasant surprise. I ended up dining her by myself one night, as it was close to my hotel. The restaurant was hopping when I arrived, but I was able to get a seat right away. My server gave me some great ideas and I settle for the leg of lamb - brilliant choice. I don't think I've ever had a better piece of lamb. For an appetizer I had grilled calamari, which was very tasty, with an incredibly tasty oil and garlic dip.

For desert, I asked for a baklava which they didn't have, but was suggested something else that was close. Great call, I can't remember the name, but it was excellent. It was less moist that a baklava, but came with a great coffee flavoured scoop of ice cream that really complemented.

Finally, price wise, great value. Ironically, the best greek food that I've ever had, came from Budapest.

• Visited March 2014
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Good food and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Lovely waiter - helpful and friendly. Not great value and good food and décor. Nice to have a change from the hearty Hungarian food - I had 3 starters as a meze meal, but was a bit jealous of my husband's rabbit stifado which looked delish! Nice wine too.

• Visited March 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
“Simply put, THE BEST Restaurant in Budapest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

You will get an outstanding restaurant experience here where everything is top notch, the interior design, the service, the menu, the quality & portion of food, the restaurant crowd, the location, the ambience... looking for any mistake would be niggling and simply unreasonable.

The three best things for me are:
- The Chef works from really fresh, organic, authentic and quality ingredients, specially the vegetables and meats are astonishing!
- Food is processed and dishes are prepared with respect, passion & heart
- The Customer is in the center of attention & care; your opinion, wishes, feedback and preferences are taken seriously into account and politely handled

All the above do reflect very much on the taste of the dishes served and that's what you are missing out in other places in Budapest.

I have been here at least 10 times in the last couple of years and the highest standard never changed. Also once I visited with a Greek friend of mine, who was impressed by the food and told me this is one of the best Greek Restaurants in Europe outside of Greece ...

It's also perfect for a date, dining out with friends or having a family experience, but I am sure a business dinner would also be much more memorable and successful in a place like this compared to a posh, snobbish and pretentious restaurant you usually get in the city center.

Flawless restaurant, period!