“Really good experience”

Taverna Dionysos
Ranked #40 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A little Greece on the riverbank of the Danube... Dionysos moved to the Pest bank of the River Danube on New Year's Eve 1993 and has since delighted the dwellers of our city with delicacies of Greek cuisine and delicious wine of its vineyards. The air is filled with the fragrance of char-grilled meats and fishes, fresh-cut vegetables and crispy-baked home style bread. Thanks to the friendly atmosphere, diners chit-chat casually around the tables, which blends pleasantly into the melodies of Greek music playing in the background. It is good to be in this restaurant. The pampering feeling of authentic entertainment accompanies the guests from the moment they enter up until they leave. We hope you visit us soon so that we may entertain you for a few hours here in little Greece of Budapest!
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, good food, good atmosphere. We really liked it. Would go back. Try the plate with 7 cold starters.

There are newer reviews for Taverna Dionysos

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughter had been after me for years. Telling me I should go. Well I finally decided to try it. Happy I did. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I wish they would have had
a little more selection of lamb on the menu. However what I had was very good. Actually I need to cut out either the appetizer or the entree cause in Hungary they over feed you.

As far as price goes because I was in the mood for lamb I ordered it for soup (Vrasto soupa) 1250 FT and entree (Friase arni) 4390 FT and of course it was one of the pricier choices. The fish appetizer (Skoumbiawas) 1290 FT was good as well. Different from anything Ive had before.

I went in the evening and the heat was fine for me. I sat near the kitchen. I guess it depends on where you sit and what you wear as well as where your from.

Only minor beef is that the portions of wine by the glass are smaller than what Im accustomed to. The quality was good 80/100 and price was great 480/dl. Not a combination you usually get in a restaurant.

I didnt give it a 5 rating only because it was not elegant enough.

I would highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We're regular travellers to Budapest but had never been to Taverna Dionysus before. We went on 22 March: we'll certainly be back. The decor is fresh and welcoming - and a witty take on a taverna in Greece. All of the staff members who served us were courteous and professional. The food was excellent (very good greek salads; stifado and ice creams: generous portions); with a number of complementary touches and offerings (adding to the hospitable atmosphere). There's a pretty drinkable retsina available, too!. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
σας ευχαριστώ για ένα απολαυστικό γεύμα !

1  Thank susiepip
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Bad
Was very very hot inside.

Good
Staff very firendly and helpful. Not impatient like in some we ate in.
Food was good but we didnt get the Gyros(!) need to get thier earlier next time.
Once we got used to the heat was a nice place to sit and have a few drinks after dinner.
Could have been in a restaurant in Greece!

Was good value for money

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here several times during my stay in Budapest. Fresh food, good portions- nice change when you are craving something different than Hungarian food. Sat outside-- nice location. Portions are very big that I just ended up sharing a few appetizers as main course. Hope to return on my next trip to Budapest.

1  Thank Jilleyanne