“AWESOME EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taverna Dionysos

Taverna Dionysos
Ranked #27 of 3,044 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A little Greece on the riverbank of the Danube... Dionysos moved to the Pest bank of the River Danube on New Year's Eve 1993 and has since delighted the dwellers of our city with delicacies of Greek cuisine and delicious wine of its vineyards. The air is filled with the fragrance of char-grilled meats and fishes, fresh-cut vegetables and crispy-baked home style bread. Thanks to the friendly atmosphere, diners chit-chat casually around the tables, which blends pleasantly into the melodies of Greek music playing in the background. It is good to be in this restaurant. The pampering feeling of authentic entertainment accompanies the guests from the moment they enter up until they leave. We hope you visit us soon so that we may entertain you for a few hours here in little Greece of Budapest!
Canada
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Food was extremely good, my best meal in Budapest. They recommended me the whole fish, it was SOOOOOO good!!!!!! Customer service was awesome, always give you surprise treats, homemade treats, fruit, etc... You mist go!!!

5 Thank H L
belaballo, Guest Relations Manager at Taverna Dionysos, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear h y,

We were more than happy to read your review, thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is a great honor for us that you enjoyed your meal and the service that much.

We hope that we can welcome you again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Barlad, Romania
“Efharisto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I got here after a grueling journey from Citadella, and I'm glad I chose this restaurant!
This great place is located on the bank of Danube. Typical Greek atmosphere strikes you immediately!
Blue and white decor, identical to taverns in Santorini, traditional music background and the white outfit of the waiters carry you, imaginary, on a beach in Oia...
Services were perfect, very reasonable wait time, decent prices, big portions.
And, because I felt great, I returned the next day!
First day menu:
- chicken soup ("Kotosoupa");
- "Krasato hirino" (pork steak with creamy mushroom sauce boiled with white wine, with pilaf and spicy baked potatoes).
Second day menu:
- same chicken soup;
- "To piato tou voskou" (barbecued pork filet stuffed with feta cheese and cream sauce, with pilaf and with spicy fried potatoes) - simply wonderful!!!
In both days, for drink was mint lemonade, wow!
Everything was perfect, so, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Visited October 2012
12 Thank Mateesescu N
belaballo, Guest Relations Manager at Taverna Dionysos, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Mateesescu N,

Thank you very much for your kind review! It was a great honor to get such a satisfied and positive feedback like yours.

It's quite unique that someone becomes a regular customer that fast, so we could not be any happier!

You are more than welcome to visit us any time in the future, we are sure looking forward to welcoming you again!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Quick food and pleasant staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

As my first Greek restaurant; i was slightly apprehensive about what foods i would enjoy, yet my qualms were soon over when we arrived. In the bright and friendly atmosphere, the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I found that there was a lot of choice on the menu; with a variety of cooking styles, eg. roasts and barbecue. If you are a fan of cheese then you will love it here. To start i had fried feta cheese, (yes, literally a slab of feta cheese fried on a plate) which was exemplary and then for a main, chicken and feta in a cheese sauce!!! However, there is still a huge amount of other choices on the menu, all carefully recommended by the staff. Even though we were in cold, frosty Budapest; we were instantly transported to sunny Greece!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joshua W
Dear Joshua W,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing your experiences. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your meal that much, we are very glad to receive feedbacks like this.

Be sure to try some of our other great dishes the next time you visit us!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
“Lack of respect”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went Taverna Dyonysos last night where we are habitués. This used to be one of our favorites restaurants in town and we always took our beloved guests there. But not anymore!
The restaurant sold us a New Years Evening package with a special dinner for last night.

We went there 3 days ago, talked directly to the manager, paid for the tickets and we could choose a very good table in front of the stage where a band would perform Greek music alive. But, yesterday when we arrived there, around 11pm, there was no table, no place for us! It was overbooked and they sold our table 2 times!!!

Someone else was there, sitting having the meal and the joy we were supposed to have! I have no words to say how disappointing was to close my 2012 with such disappointing event. The restaurant was crowded, there wasn’t one single square meter available, but even this way the manager in charge offered to put a small table beside the table we booked 3 days in advance. Actually that thing was more like a trail than a proper table and very uncomfortable and embarrassing situation to be seat so tide.

Then we gave up. We couldn’t stand to finish our 2012, a wonderful year for us in such a terrible situation. We received our money back and turn our back to Taverna Dyonysos for good. We won´t return there anymore and I will do my best to prevent my dearest acquaintances and tourists coming to Budapest on doing the same.

1 Thank Gezinha
belaballo, Guest Relations Manager at Taverna Dionysos, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Gezinha,

I am very sorry about ruining your New Years Eve by not being able to provide you the previously chosen and paid table. Althought this was caused by an administrational error, I take full responsibility for it, and I feel very ashamed for it.
Unfortunatley because of the nature of the case I can't undo it, doesn't matter how much I would like to. But I really would like to make it up to you, so please let me invite you and your partner back to our restaurant for a nice "make-up" dinner which I would like to pay for.

I know that it was such a huge disappointment for you that it will be hard to forget, but I really would like to try to restore our good relation and gain your trust back.

Please contact me either on phone or in e-mail to discuss the further details.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yours sincerely,
Károly József
Taverna Dionysos
+36-1-318-12-22
reservation@dionysos.hu

P.s.: We are very thankful to the Trattoria Toscana Restaurant (our italian neighbour) for being so kind and providing a table for you, and making the situation a little bit less inconvinient by that.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“New Year's Eve 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a great night at this lovely authentic restaurant . The king crab legs are to die. This is our second visit to this restaurant and returned to Budapest to go there once again for a special New Years meal
We will be back

1 Thank laus15
Dear laus15,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community!

We are glad to hear that you traveled that far for New Years Eve, and you had such a great experience!

You are more than welcome to visit us any time!