“Stay happy, stay away ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Some years ago I read about an initiative by the Japanese government to rate sushi restaurants internationally. I have not seen this actually happening - maybe it has... If so this established is one that needs to be addressed.

Takevayashi might look inviting, but be warned their service attitude add much as what is served up is far below par and I am afraid to say unacceptable.

Sushi of supermarket quality and noodle dishes of the most genuinely tasteless kind is enough to justify a 1 star rating, when accompanied with high prices and a disrespectful attitude that refuses any adjustment of menu items the only response should be to leave at once which unfortunately we didn't do.

Be warned.

There are newer reviews for Takebayashi Restaurant

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I got sick after I ate sushi. The food looked ok but obviously something was wrong. I have fever and spending a lot of time in the restroom

2  Thank hurdr
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have discovered this restaurant by coincidence. I decided to sit on the terrace because it was a beautiful day. I ordered from the season menu; and everything was delicious. I recommend the soft shell crab sushi. Unbelievable; exceptional. The Foie Gras sushi are excellent as well. And the plate was so well presented that some people walking were impressed and stopped to admire it. I do not understand some comments which by the way are old. If you like sushi, go to the place and choose in a la carte menu, season selection; It worth it!

1  Thank Globetrotteurmonde
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went to this place simply for it being closest to our hotel. Service was a bit sluggish and our waitress looked very tired and uninterested. Food - nothing special or exciting. I would not return to this place and would not recommend it to any sushi-lover.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visited on December 2012.
Since we are Japanese, so my family went to take a lunch.
That was worst lunch, worst taste, worst service in my life.
But the price was very expensive.
The ingredients for sushi was not fresh and smelled bad.
And we ordered Japanese noodle which picture looked nice.
But it was worst one which I ever ordered.
The noodle which home made was like a wide(1.5cm width) noodle and
just 5cm length. The soup was not hot.
But the price was so expensive.
We really not recommend this restaurant for foreigners.
It must be Japanese shame.
The owner must know the shame.

I really not recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank Taizo298656