“Unexpected and very well done”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #214 of 3,516 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very surprised to find an indian restaurant in Budapest but was pleasantly surprised. Good food, friendly staff and good value

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My girlfriend and me had an unforgettable authentic experience in Taj Mahal restaurant. We wanted to try something different and this place just meet all of our requirements. The waitress explained and helped us choosing the dishes on a really nice and humble way. The flavour of all of our dishes was spicy but very very tasty. Try the specialities of the house, we did and was a great choise. I can highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who wants to discover something new and exotic!

1  Thank mandrew1
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Not a bad place, waiters are nice and try hard to give you a kind of Indian feeling. But the food ist just not characteristic enough.

1  Thank TmT68
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We heard about Taj Mahal from an Indian family who said it was the best in Budapest. We do not have others to compare it with yet but the food and service were excellent. The exterior is not spectacular but once inside beautiful chandeliers hang from the ceiling and the staff wear traditional Indian clothing. They offer a very extensive menu with a great variety of appetizers. The Keema naan was a tasty addition to start with and to accompany the meal as well. The main dishes we ordered, Lamb Tikka Masala and the mixed vegetables in traditional curry, were spicy and very good. Don’t let the small serving bowls fool you there was enough to take home and have for lunch the next day. The prices were a little higher than we planned on but if indeed it is the best in Budapest than it was worth it.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

It used to be that Indian food was not something I could eat all the time but The Taj Mahal has changed all this. I wish there was one where I live in Montreal Canada - but sadly there isn't. The assistance I had by the staff in helping me choose a meal (which could cause me some sensitivity because of the spices) I can say that I have newly acquired appreciation and understanding of this delightful cuisine thanks to the Taj Mahal. On my second visit in one year to Budapest, the Taj Mahal is one of my highlights in this lovely city. Myself and the group I was with, enjoyed authentic Indian food prepared by expert chefs from India. The succulent tandoori grill, meat or vegetarian dishes, perfect naan bread in many varieties (I didn't know there were so many) the raita, and other delicacies - we all enjoyed this culinary experience. Oh and the garlic soup yummm! Light and easy to digest, all of our meals (we were a large group) were delicious and tasty. My group thoroughly enjoyed the food while comfortably lingering in the wonderful atmosphere with pleasant service. Consider the Taj Mahal for business meetings or family celebrations or an intimate evening in Budapest.

1  Thank FoodForThoughtYum