“Big rip off, Don't go there!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Shiraz Persian Restaurant
Ranked #2,380 of 3,043 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Big rip off, Don't go there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have just come back from Shiraz restaurant (Feb-2013) and I see it as my duty to write a few words and share my unpleasant experience with you. I am staying at Corinthia Royal Hotel, this is an excellent hotel which has 3 high-end restaurants. Instead of eating food in the hotel I decided to go to Shiraz and try their food. The decoration of the restaurant was fairly nice but I wish I could say the same about the food. In fact I was struggling with myself to find a better word than Awful to describe the food but I couldn't.

After checking the menu I decided to order Sultani (a grilled kebab dish containing two different kebabs, Barg & Kubideh). It cost 2950 ft. The waitress told me that if I want Persian style Sultani I need to see other menu. She brought another menu and the same Sultani dish was cost 3750 ft??!! I didn't see any different between normal Sultani and Persian style sultani except the price. I asked about the difference and the waitress told me NO English?

Anyways I decided to go for Persian Style Sultani and after 20 min she brought the food. The Barg (lamb filet) was so dry ( i mean extremely dry) that every bite took 5 minutes to chew. Not even that it was tasteless and hardly edible. The Kubideh (lamb minced grilled meet) was even worse. I am not sure if the restaurant even runs by Iranians as they were playing a very load Arabic music and no one could speak a single word of Persian.

I couldn't eat the food and I was so disappointed. The food was awful and I Ieft a big portion of my food on the plate. I had a small bottle of water and a coffee after the food. I asked the waitress to bring the bill and I was charged 5700 ft. Not only the Persian style Sultani cost me 3750 ft but also they charged me 650 for the rice??!! The funny part was that the sum was actually 5180 ft but additional 520 ft was added as a tip (It was mentioned TIP ...... 520 ft in the bill). I have no idea where the 570 ft came from and why do I have to pay tip??

I am an Iranian and I have eaten Iranian food all my life. Due to my work I travel to different countries in Europe, N. America, ME and Asia in weekly basis and I have tried Persian food in different countries and I have to admit that I have NEVER, EVER had such a bad Persian food in my life.

The dinner inclusive taxi fare cost me more than 11000 ft. I could eat a high quality food in any restaurant in any country with this money. Anyway don't go there unless you want to throw your money away .

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank Persian P

• Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Kouvola, Finland
“Beautiful place, poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This restaurant was pretty and cozy, but service was poor and rude!
Waitress left table between our sentences and looked like very pissed off.
She rolled her eyes with everyone.......
We didn't do anything bad and she looked like she just wants us out quick.
They added very big tip to our bill, and because of that we didn't have enough cash.
And i couln't pay with any card! So i ran allover the place finding ATM!
Music was so loud that we didn't hear anything and food was average, nothing more.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Yane90
sharjah
“Good Persian Restaurant in Budapest.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This restaurant is in Raday Utca, where our hotel was located. This area is full of restaurants and bars. One day we decided to try this.

The food is not as good as the presian/Iranian restaurants in Dubai / Sharjah. But average. This is an option when you are in Budapest.

The kebabs we ordered were ok. The place is full of shisha smoke. Ambiance is average.

• Visited October 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Best Shisha in Budapest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Fresh fruits, Al Fakher tobacco, and Cocobrico natural coconut shell charcoal Shisha. Bravo!
Best Shisha Place in Budapest...

4 Thank CenturionMember
Budapest, Hungary
“worst restaurant in bp!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I traveled to lots of countries,this one was the worst Persian restaurant ever,just if u want go there for shisha,tea. sooo expensive

• Visited November 2012