“Tasty food - good portion sizes.”
Review of Replay Cafe - CLOSED

Replay Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
“Tasty food - good portion sizes.”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We all enjoyed the food in this restaurant. No experts on traditional Hungarian food - but it tasted good and fitted in with our expectations. Portion sizes are very generousness so I'd be only going for one course unless you are completely starving!

Service was fine - quick and friendly.

Is in a touristy area and the prices are reflective of that, (not outrageous - but can do better in other areas of Budapest.)

• Visited March 2012

“Good food, good service, tourist prices”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Where apprehensive after reading negative reviews but were pleasantly surprised.

The traditional Hungarian dishes we ordered were very tasty and the service was excellent.

It wasn't cheap by Budapest standards but not outrageous by any means, and cheap by Western Europe standards.

Overall I would recommend.

New York City, New York
“Horrible food and service.”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had a great time in Budapest EXCEPT for Replay Cafe. The food was horrible (Caesar salad made with tuna and mayonnaise as dressing, wilted greens in another salad) but the service was even more appalling. When bringing to the attention of the waiter that we were unhappy about the quality of food - and I have NEVER sent back anything in my life - he was unable to remake the meal. It was clear that he had push back from the hostess/manager. We asked for the check just to be done with the entire situation which never seemed to arrive. My partner, who is a native Hungarian and very reserved, finally got up and went to the waiter and manager to ask to pay. The manager's attitude was the worst I have seen even in my many years of working in the industry. She was indignant that we had a complaint and rolled her eyes at us whilst telling us what a high quality restaurant they were. It was almost comedic. Naturally she never offered an apology. I would have been happy with that as I know that some days are just off days in the restaurant business. Instead she acted annoyed with us, continued to act like a snob to a local (not that it would have been better if it was only to me, the tourist) and completely ruined our lunch. I have never written a bad review...but this was just too much.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Christopher D
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rubbish”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Absolutely appalling service, overpriced and not even tasty. The menu was pretentious and intimidating, so broad that it was difficult to know what to order. We waited for 45 minutes for our food and were disappointed by the small portions when it arrived. The waiters were rude, rolling their eyes when we asked for ketchup and the bill. A 12 per cent service charge automatically added to our already overpriced bill seemed completely undeserved - had we had a choice, we would have left no tip at all. A really tiny bottle of water was 400 forint (1.50 euro) and even the ketchup came with a price. To top it all off, one of my friends got food poisoning after the meal, a simple spaghetti bolognase. Overall, the meal was completely over priced and we left feeling highly dissatisfied.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank gw1504
Garland, Texas
“Good Goulash but nothing else.”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Maybe it was because we had such a great meal the night before at the restaurant across the street but the menu and food were disappointing except for the goulash soup. The soup was full of meat and very hearty. I ordered a pizza with tomatoes and basil. It was ok but the dough was not cooked long enough and there was little cheese on it. My dh got the stew and liked it fine. Other diners ordered the chicken legs and ended up not eatting them. They had some kind of chocolate-looking glaze on them that made them unappetizing. Avoud the spicy potatoes. Each one at our table tasted them and thought they were horrible. So..; stop by for soup and eat everything else across the way at Trattoria barca bianca.

• Visited June 2011