“Good Indian food in Budapest”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pandzsab

Pandzsab
Ranked #944 of 3,089 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Good Indian food in Budapest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was hankering for a heavy meal so decided to go to Pandzsab as it is near to Margaret Island (where we were at that point) and based on Lonely Planet's recommendation. I was really surprised by the quality of food - really authentic prawn curry - nicely spicy too! It's a small place, and we were quite lucky that it was not too busy at that time. Definitely somewhere to go for the food, not the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank CempakaSeri

• Hungarian first
“Best to order”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Order from them. They deliver in 20 min and fresh and delicious!

1 Thank Zsirfeka2
Budapest, Hungary
“Poor, poor, poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I did't expected a luxurious atmosphare, but this was too much..Very untidy, bad smells, the waiter was very poor dressed and not even friendly.The food was not tasty at all (shame on an indian restaurant) and on the top of all these I paid a huge amount of money for that.

I do not understand other people who wrote those positive reviews below..

Visited August 2011
1 Thank personka
Split, Croatia
“good food; OK atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

I think the food here is quite good and can be a good value. Their menu is not available online as far as I can tell. The night I went, the restaurant (which is quite small--maybe 8 to 10 tables and very plain) was crowed and I was seated a meter away from the bathroom doors, looking straight at them. I ordered some kind of combo meal (appetizer, rice, chutney, naan, curry and tandoori) which basically gives you the chutney and the rice for free. It was probably enough for two but it was so good I ate almost all of it myself. In general, the food shines but the atmosphere is not the place for a special date.

• Visited March 2011
Budapest, Hungary
“Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

Just ate there last night, and had the most marvelous Indian food that I've ever eaten in my life! I had the eggplant vegetable dish, and 2 chicken dishes. Everything was superb. The waiter spoke English as well.

1 Thank mrank