“Delicious Food at reasonable prices”
Review of Le Bourbon - CLOSED

Le Bourbon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The restaurant was very quiet, so the maitre'd and waiter were very attentive. The Special was unavailable, so we were offered a free glass of bubbly, to help us get over it. The starters were very prettily done and very tasty and the main courses were delicious. We shared a dessert because we were full from the fairly generous portions. I would certainly recommend a visit here.

1  Thank JanMacGlasgow
There are newer reviews for Le Bourbon

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Food is average to good, staff lack in politeness, kindness, attention...I have dined here many times and not once was satisfied with the waiters at this restaurant. To begin with they stare at you, as if to say: you are bothering me...not a smile, ever....if I want to feel ignored and sad I go to a cemetery.
Once again the curtain issue, strangers stare at you from the outside while you eat, and I mean they stare, as in stop and stare. You cant help but feel very uncomfortable. When we asked the waiter to close the curtains he looked at us in disbelief. Bear in mind we were the only ones eating there at the time. He simply didnt want to be hassled. Which is an insult as his job is to ensure our comfort and provide a great experience, after all that is what will want to make us return.
I have noticed that staff at the hotel, particularly the ones who work at the bar and restaurant have become disgruntled over the last year, not sure if its their new working conditions or what but it has to be addressed as to not reflect on clients.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hard to choose between Peppers at the Marriot or Le Bourbon. Le Bourbon is more refined, the food is good but less is fresh than Peppers. Good idea to get there early as the buffet is better before too many people have dug in. Great value... if you have room for the wonderful dessert buffet then you are good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We do not normally have dinner at a restaurant in the hotels we stay at. However, we ended up eating there twice during a recent stay at the Meridien. The first night the weather was cold and wet so we decided to stay in. The food was excellent, the service attentive and the price reasonable by North American standards. We also attended the Saturday "Hungarian evening" and quite enjoyed it. The food was interesting and tasty - in fact much better than most of the Hungarian food we had in Budapest. We found the service just fine. We quite liked the string quartet/band a lot (the music seemed to get faster the more wine we had!) even though we would not be classified as Hungarian folk music fans. It was a very good evening and the price was reasonable. The resaurant also serves a very good breakfast buffet when staying at the Meridien.

1  Thank dccv1
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I generally don't eat in the restaurants of hotels I stay in since I like exploring the cities I travel too. But we had a really early flight the next day plus I wanted to try the hungarian night they had.

It was a buffet with free wine as well priced at around €30 pp. the food was good and the Hungarian dances and music a nice treat. Next time I'm in Budapest I probably won't go for the hungarian night though I probably will stay at the Meridien again.

The restaurant's breeakfast is very good by the way I'm sorry to have missed it on the way out but out flight was really early...

1  Thank Pantelis D