“A Very Good Hotel Resaurant”
Review of Le Bourbon - CLOSED

Le Bourbon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We do not normally have dinner at a restaurant in the hotels we stay at. However, we ended up eating there twice during a recent stay at the Meridien. The first night the weather was cold and wet so we decided to stay in. The food was excellent, the service attentive and the price reasonable by North American standards. We also attended the Saturday "Hungarian evening" and quite enjoyed it. The food was interesting and tasty - in fact much better than most of the Hungarian food we had in Budapest. We found the service just fine. We quite liked the string quartet/band a lot (the music seemed to get faster the more wine we had!) even though we would not be classified as Hungarian folk music fans. It was a very good evening and the price was reasonable. The resaurant also serves a very good breakfast buffet when staying at the Meridien.

1  Thank dccv1

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I generally don't eat in the restaurants of hotels I stay in since I like exploring the cities I travel too. But we had a really early flight the next day plus I wanted to try the hungarian night they had.

It was a buffet with free wine as well priced at around €30 pp. the food was good and the Hungarian dances and music a nice treat. Next time I'm in Budapest I probably won't go for the hungarian night though I probably will stay at the Meridien again.

The restaurant's breeakfast is very good by the way I'm sorry to have missed it on the way out but out flight was really early...

1  Thank Pantelis D
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Since I was staying at Le Meridien I decided to go to the Saturday evening Hungarian dinner. I'm not sure what the regular menu is like-- I can only comment on the Hungarian dinner. For approximately 30 Euros, a buffet was included. There was a salad bar, too. Wine and natural and sparkling water were included, as well as dessert. The buffet had a lot of chicken and beef and vegetables. For a buffet, I found the food to be pretty good. The desserts were great.

There was Hungarian music and dancing which was interesting to see.

The service was a bit slow. Since it was mostly buffet, the waiters primarily poured water and wine and cleared tables. While the staff was friendly, it was somewhat difficult to get refills of water and wine. That is really my only complaint.

I would recommend the Hungarian dinner if it is your first time in Budapest. The music and dancing were interesting.

If I am in Budapest again,I would likely try Le Bourbon again, but I would probably not go to the Hungarian dinner again. I liked the dinner, but since I saw it once, I probably would not go to the same dinner.

Overall a good experience.

1  Thank AndrewBVA
Reviewed July 3, 2012

we first went to sunday brunch here 7 years ago and unbelievably the price is still the same
around £22.50 a head with free wine and Hungarian champagne (very nice too)
the selections of hot and cold foods is to die for and the service is fantastic
dress up and you will feel like a star

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Me and my boyfriend ate here in May 2012. We had a delightful evening. The restaurant wasn't super busy, we had a waiter to cater our needs - we tried Hungarian sparkling wine, a pleasant surprise! I had to goose breast for main and it was juicy and tender. The evening as a whole was thoroughly enjoyable and we would return again.