“Beautiful interiors”

Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Byron Bay, Australia
“Beautiful interiors”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I used to eat there during business trips in 2006 so I returned with expectation and yes it was great night,with beautiful presented and tasty food in amazing interiors( we refused to sit outside and it was not a problem to stay inside) and some fun music- from czarda to our order of Bregovic the band knows it all. Duck menu was excellent, my husband judged the foiae grass very highly,my duck breast salad as well as main course were outstanding,desert bit average.recomended wine was good match so we had another bottle.Aperitive was free. We enjoyed the night and I was thankful that we came on the good shift in the kitchen- local excollegue told me,that some days the results are not soo great:(

1 Thank Lucie B

• Turkish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing tourist trap”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although recommended by several guide books please do not go here if you wish to experience genuine Hungarian food. All the usual trappings are there - gypsy music but the service is rushed, speciality aperitifs pushed upon you and the food unexciting. On the plus side the interior of the building is splendid, they did attempt an all asparagus menu when this was in season which is bold of the kitchen and the speciality aperitifs were not expensive - so we were not ripped off.

There appeared to be part of the restaurant which was reserved for locals and this may be more interesting - if you can get in there.

In Budapest there are many other charming places to eat with ambience and excellent food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Culverhouse
Bergen, Norway
“Fading beauty”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Terribly overpriced, but the most beautiful rooms in Budapest. Gypsy orchestra is good. Sad but true; tourists only! In the "olden days" it was a MUST in Budapest.

1 Thank Erlend05
Cairo, Egypt
“Great Interiors, Great Music and horrible food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went at the advice of a Guide Book, that rated this restaurant as a top choice.
Interiors were so impressive, but we were seated at the outised, where the Gipsy Music orchestra was playing great music.
However, the food was very disappointing. Bread was not fresh, and I complained to the waiter (a nice Giant) who replaced it at once with fresh bread. Goulash soup was so light as if it was water. I told the head waiter that if the food was not good, i will not pay.
He brought rather good food but was not as great as expected.
Talking with friends, they said that probably the Chef have resigbed as they heard many complains about the food quality recently.
However, the music was so nice and the Interior was so impressive.

Istanbul, Turkey
“Perfect!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was my first to drink Goulash soup and I adored it. The meal I had after the soup (I don't remember its name) was perfect too. Live gypsy music was simply beautiful. The waiters were friendly, sincere. If I go to Budapest again, I will absolutely have my dinner at Karpatia again.