“Need I say more? Perfect!”

Arany Kaviar Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: The restaurant of Attila Molnár and Szása Nyíri is waiting for their guests for more than 20 years already.Arany Kaviár is considered one of the best fine dining restaurants. They improve Russian cuisine. They prepare traditional dishes with contemporary methods, the way we like them.For five years the restaurant is recommended by the Michelin guide.Accordingly, one of the cornerstones of the menu is the “Traditional Russian cuisine”, the true and worthy representatives of the classic cuisine of the court of the Czars. The dishes are based on traditional Russian recipes, preserving their authentic feel, but are prepared with modern techniques and ingredients. The dishes are not reinvented, but improved.The other pillar of the menu is the wide selection of marine and freshwater “Fish dishes”, and their diverse compilations. The premium quality and year-round availability of domestic fishes are guaranteed by our close cooperation with fisheries; and our carefully selected seafood is supplied by the fish market of Strasbourg.The third and most important pillar of the menu is the “Caviar Gourmet Menu”, and the Caviar Card, listing the caviars produced and distributed by the restaurant and the dishes prepared with them, thus demonstrating the versatility of the culinary utilization of caviar. The Arany Kaviár Gourmet Selection has represented and conveyed the philosophy and values of the restaurant within and outside its walls. The “Hungarian caviar” successfully debuted on the international market in 2011. On the largest and most prestigious hospitality exhibition, the SIRHA in Lyon, world-renowned chefs sampled Arany Kaviár’s product.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Of course, we came to this restaurant with high expectations. We had eaten at many top notch restaurants around the world and knowing that this is a Michelin-recommended fine-dining restaurant, we knew what we should be expecting.

We were here for lunch on the 21st May 2014, and both me and my fiancée had the lunch menu which is only 23 Euro per pax for a 4-course menu. Affordable I felt.

Everything is immaculate - from the aesthetics to the combination and taste. I wish I had photos to share but my camera got lost during the trip and so yeah. The ingredients they used has to be the freshest otherwise I don't see how they can serve up such dishes. It totally exceeded my expectations. I am expecting them to get the 1 start Michelin in the near future.

Service was prompt and the setting at the restaurant is well-lit and totally elegant. Please visit this restaurant. You will love it.

1  Thank Overworked85
There are newer reviews for Arany Kaviar Restaurant

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a wonderful experience. Yes, it is expensive, but in no way did I feel was if we weren't getting our money's worth. We opted for the Fish Menu, which consisted of 7 imaginative, delicious and beautifully presented courses, all fantastically fresh, as well as an amuse-bouche and a pre-dessert. We also took the accompanying flight of wines, all of which were first rate white wines from Hungary. Service was friendly and knowledgeable--not at all standoffish--and clearly cared whether we were enjoying our meal. Highly recommended for a special occasion or a bit of a splurge.

1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed May 25, 2014

What an incredible experience. A 4-course meal of deliciousness, with excellent, attentive staff who explained all the dishes and had a good sense of humor. Everything was just incredible. All of the appetizers were excellent, the soup was incredible (Borsch I think it was?), and the salmon amazing.

If you want a special night out (it does cost a good amount), this is the place to go.

1  Thank Shawna C
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Superb meal outside with attentive wait staff. They did not have our desired wine but helped us find equivalent in excellent Southern Hungarian red. Caviar starter on traditional menu divine. But dessert so special. Wait and see. A real find

1  Thank CascadeProf
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Having read a number of reviews for this restaurant before traveling to Budapest, I entered with a little trepidation. Was this going to be a restaurant that overcharges and serves up medico food. In our humble oppion this is totally not true.

The setting is different, but there is good attention to detail. We had the mid priced taster menu with vodka, a novelty for us, which we both loved. The food was beautifully presented and we loved all the different tastes and explosions of flavour.

We have been lucky to eat in some fantastic world renowned restaurants and this place definitely fits in our personal top ten.

If you would like to try something a little bit different and you are a bit of a foodie in Budapest, give it a go.