“Don't be put off by the location!!!”
Review of Rosenstein

Rosenstein
Ranked #58 of 3,378 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "The cozy place, where the owner is the chef"
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Rosenstein on our last night following the hotel recommending plus reviews on TA.

Only a 5 minutes walk and yes the area is not brilliant and it does appear a little quiet and secluded but once through the doors it's a different world in a good way.

We made a reservation beforehand and also would recommend that you do the same as the tables quickly fill up. There was a mix of tourists plus locals which is always a good indication of the quality of the food.

The menu is extensive and heavily meat based but am positive they would cater for all tastes. The staff certainly knew the menu well and were able to answer all our queries. The food was simply amazing popping with fantastic flavours and the portion sizes were very ample. Overall my boyfriend and I had a brilliant last evening in Budapest, left full and very happy with our choice of restaurant.

I can't praise the restaurant enough apart from go and see for yourself!!!

1  Thank Annoymous25

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Marvelous restaurant in a not so marvelous area but go you will be glad you did.

Went with several colleagues from the medical university and learned that never judge a book by it's cover. From the outside you would never guess what a treat you have in store.

I started with the chilled lemon cream soup which was fantastically light and had just enough piquant to get your taste buds ready for what was to come.

Then we shared several starters the cooked bone marrow on toast with pickled and fresh garlic and the cold foie gras in goose fat where two of my absolute favorites. My goodness what a lusciously rich and tasty offering they both were. I still dream of them.

For my main I decided on the Pan-fried venison steak “Chasseur” let me just say it was cooked to perfection. Searing it in a way as to caramelize the outside of the offering, and yet retaining all the flavorful juices fully with-in. The “Chasseur” sauce was brilliant a very nice mix of rich woodsy and earthy flavors and yet not overly spiced or made to thick as can sometimes be the case, I am not sure if the chef incorporated cranberries or loganberries into it but by this addition gave the sauce a light tangy aspect that certainly highlighted and elevated the flavor of the meat.

For dessert I enjoyed what I assume is their own creation called the ’Bello’s delight’, consisting of hot blackberries with vanilla sauce and ice-cream ... in a word SUPERB!!!

Additionally the service is solid and the kitchen is top notch in my book.

If you are in Budapest I cannot recommend enough that you stop for yourself and see.

Your stomach will thank you!!!!!!!!!

7  Thank SEBESZ
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited this restuarant as it was very close to our hotel (The Golden Park). Although slightly out of the way I would recommend this restaurant even if you arent staying near by. We were greeted by a welcoming waiter who seated us straight away. We asked for advice on the menu which he was happy to share his opinion on (without going straight for the expensive options). My partner and I both had the Goulash soup for starter which was a bargain at 1,000 HUF and tasted lovely this came with an accompaniment of fresh bread, Habanero and green chillies if you want to spice it up. I had the Venison with orange sauce and potato croquettes for main and it really was melt in your mouth, as the food was so good i then obviously had to have a pudding pancakes with chocolate sauce i can highly recommend. All in all the food and service in this place was second to none and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This restaurant is down the back alley off the East Train station and if our hotel had not recommended it we would not have chosen let alone found it!!!
But once seated we were thoroughly impressed by the excellent service and massive range of dishes on offer. There were four of us and between us we ordered a variety of dishes such as goos leg, wild boar, venison and veal and they were mostly excellent. We also had soup for starters which was given an explosive quick by some scotch bonnet chilli purée! Not for the faint-hearted!
Or waiter was superb and altogether it was a fantastic introduction to Budapest cuisine, if the rest of the restaurants are like this then we will truly have a marvellous time!!!

1  Thank Greg E
Reviewed February 3, 2013

very well presented food,,,cooked by the owner who came into the restaurant at the end of service. Busy very light.. aplace where you go to be seen