“Best choice in Budapest”
Review of Cafe Kor

Cafe Kor
Ranked #129 of 3,378 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and concur with other reviewers. We seemed to be the only foreigners, which pleased us as we don't like "touristy" places. The food was delicious, the service excellent, and the price definitely moderate. Location is also good, within easy walking distance of our panzio (pension or pensione) and probably from most hotels in Pest.

1  Thank ExNewYorker
Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Only this should tell you a lot.
The food is great, the service is attentive and pleasant, the atmosphere is warm, the prices are more than fair.
One of my favorite restaurants in Budapest where I can always enjoy authentic Hungarian cooking. Pleasant seating on the terrace in the Summer.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great variety of Hungarian cuisine. Fantastic wines. Homey atmosphere and romantic! Fair prices. Everything fantastic especially duck breast salad!! We travel a lot and this was wonderful. I highly recommend this wonderful place!!!! waiter even ran after me as I left my Iphone on the table!!!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had just arrived in Budapest, found our hotel and friends and needed a late lunch/early dinner. As it about 3:00 pm, the restaurant was quite empty. The service was excellent, the head waiter explained the dishes, served the wine and was wonderful. The beef strips appetizer and the roasted duck leg were excellent. The fresh pike was very good also. Service was a little slow, according to US standards. But, all of Europe restaurant serivce is slower, much more relaxing. I would willingly return to this restaurant

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We invited our italian guests to this restaurant. We were fully staisfied with everything and italian guys liked it also. The stuff was polite and could speak english well. Before going there I read also good and bad comments about the place and food and honestly I was a bit afraid. But I can tell you that the food was perfect so if you want to eat something really good and special Hungarian just go there.
The only problem was that they ran out of soups (they had only mushroom cream soup) so if someone is crazy for soups maybe should search for another place.
Highly recommended to reserve a table before going there because it was Monday! and restaurant was full with people.