“I hate thinking about this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Kor

Cafe Kor
Ranked #121 of 3,090 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Soups, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“I hate thinking about this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

....because now I'm thousands of miles away and am drooling at my computer! And I can't go back for dinner tonite!

It was really one of the best meals I've ever had. I had a chicken with vegetables that came on a sauce....oh and I almost forgot, for an appetizer I had "avocado cream" which is avocado and shrimp mixed with mayonnaise.

The sauce with the chicken was a bit spicy, but not overwhelmingly so. I love it when restaurants aren't afraid to add flavor to their foods!

Also, you can ask for a half size, or small size, of the entrees, which I did. Don't waste valuable calories on the potatoes. You'll love the chicken and vegetables so much you'll eat them all!

I'd read that this place takes cash only, but that's not correct. They take cash and the only credit card they will accept is American Express. Odd, I know.

Ok, I do have one negative thing to say. The chairs and tables are odd. If you're overweight at all, you will not be comfortable in the chairs because the arms are too close to each other and you squish in. Also, you can't sit too close to the table because the base is really wide and so you have to either straddle it or sit a little too far back. Plus, the tables are super close to each other, so no expectation of privacy here.

But I would not let that stop me from going back. As I said, I'm drooling.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Short Hills, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local food and ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice place for local fare. Daily specials are good and the menu authentic. The service was quite friendly and the price reasonable. A short walk from the Chain bridge

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cathy S
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Unfortunately, we picked this restaurant for our last night on vacation thinking it would be special. When we arrived our reservation was ready but there was only one table available. This is a very small restaurant (and loud) so there is no place for waiting customers to stand, except on top of us while we were trying to eat our dinner.This table was also at the front door which opened & closed constantly. When we told them this was unsatisfactory, they said there was nothing they could do.They offered us another table AFTER we finished eating but we told them we were leaving. At this point, the least they could have done was offer us dessert or a drink at this other table. As far as the food, my husband said is steak was excellent. My salmon was overly salty & swimming in a very thick hollandaise sauce. Unless you are with a bigger party seated at the back of the restaurant - don't go - unless you are young & oblivious!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jane A
“Eat Where The Locals Eat!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We have a friend who knows the owner of Baraka( a highly ranked restaurant in Budapest). We contacted him for reservations and unfortunately his restaurant was closed for renovations until March. I asked where else he would recommend and he said:Cafe Kor -it's where all us locals eat and it is wonderful. He was right. Very good food, service and friendly atmosphere. One draw back- cash only.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Try the roasted goat cheese salad...one of the best salads I have ever had and I eat a lot of salad!

Visited September 2013