“Enjoyable even for a vegetarian”
Review of Cafe Kor

Cafe Kor
Ranked #183 of 3,516 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hi, five of us went to cafe kor last week and loved it. The food was great. The waiters were knowledgeable. The wine was brilliant. There was only one veg salad on the menu, and i was forced to order it. but it was simply brilliant - ate up the last morsel of feta n leaf :)

The place is buzzing, convenient to find and not expensive.

Overall, a great experience....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,793)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Ate here on Saturday 25th May. We were a large family group of ten and we were catered for without too much inconvenience. This was the third time we have eaten here in the past three visits so the fact that we have returned is a recommendation in itself. The service was excellent and everybody enjoyed the starters and mains. The Kekfrankos red wine was very nice and the shot of Palinka after the meal was a great aid to digestion (my story and I'm sticking to it!). If you like a beer the local Dreher is nice too. Would have no hesitation in recommending you visit this restaurant - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recommended by a friend of a friend who lived in Budapest. Bistro atmosphere, buzzing but not overly noisy for our mid evening midweek meal. Full, so glad that we booked in advance. Food reasonable quality. Veal schnitzel plus boiled potatoes with lettuce in lemon water. Beef 'goulash' tasty but really just beef in a fancy gravy with standard potato croquettes. Pancake pudding overwhelmed by vast topping of ?ground pistachio. Good Hungarian red wine and Tokaj dessert wine. At about £24 per head, expensive for Budapest. Finally hostess unnecessarily curt at end of evening as there appeared to be no-one waiting for a table and it was not particularly late. Only cash; unusual and not convenient for all. We would however give this restaurant one more chance.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The tables are small and tightly packed to each other. The service was quite good although the waiter patently didn't know much about some of the dishes he was serving eg. he assured me that their melon would be ripe but it wasn't even close to being ripe. The rosé wine was very nice, which it should be considering that it was 3 times the price I paid in another Budapest restaurant the night before! Fortunately, I was sitting near to someone who was very obviously a favoured customer, otherwise I'm not sure that my service would have been quite so good. Perhaps I was unlucky but I'm certainly surprised that this restaurant gets so many good reviews.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice in a three day stay, once with a Hungarian colleague. Nice friendly atmosphere with a good buzz at lunchtime. Food was good. I had the specials on each occasion, veal was very good. If there was a fault it was that service dropped off a little at the end of the meal.

I will certainly return in the future.