TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
No guided tour, rude staff

Reviewed July 29, 2019
Adrienne H
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pile em high, sell it cheap

This is a popular cruise. Not because of high quality IMO but because they are a bit cheaper and... read more

Reviewed April 22, 2019
JamieG1963
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Budapest
from $10.22
from $15.38
from $15.89
from $55.17
All reviews evening cruise boat tour danube river ship 2100huf narration
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2019

The person selling the tickets was set up in front of a pier from which we naturally assumed the cruise would leave. Not so. After we bought the tickets she indicated the pier was about 300 meters ahead..... This turned into about a ten minute walk away. There was commentary, but for the most part it was centered on the Parliament and the castle instead of on what we were passing. There was so much loud talking that it was difficult to hear much of the commentary.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

We purchased a 2 day ticket for the 3 of us. My son and I did a day time ride and enjoyed ourselves there was commentary in n English and German. We all took the 845 cruise to see sun set, the boat was packed but they put on 2 boats to accommodate this. The commentary again was good. The only draw back was that people insisted on standing which blocked view, along with selfie sticks. We used the ticket again to get to Margaret island. We feel we got good value for money buying a 2 day tickets for 2100huf each.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 29, 2019

I've done several of these tours in Budapest and expected them to provide some information on the buildings we passed. The tour was silent. I wanted to purchase something before we disembarked, but the staffmember was so rude that it totally turned me off from the experience. I will not be using this company again.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Booked the 20:45 cruise and was told to arrive 15 minutes early. We got there 20 minutes before departure only to be told the boat was full. When I asked for a refund or the ability to defer to tomorrow I was told no. Multiple groups had this same issue and the crowds were simply not dealt with. We were all told to simply stand around on the street for an hour waiting for the boat to return. We felt if we had have waited the sunset views promised would have been long passed so decided to cut our losses.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 11, 2019

They closed the river due to an accident but didn’t email or call to let us know. We showed up with pre-paid tickets to a sign saying “We’re closed.” When we tried to talk to an employee about later tour times or receiving a refund, he was extremely rude and only answered with “We’re closed.” Thankfully we called the phone number and the customer service lady was friendly and helpful, but the staff on the Dunayacht were very unpleasant.

Date of experience: June 2019