“Thanks for making one of my dreams come true!”
Review of Cultivini

Cultivini
Ranked #3 of 240 Shopping in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Taste premium or typical Hungarian wines of your own choice or buy what you enjoyed the most. Get a comprehensive tour of Hungarian winemaking. Enjoy something small to eat with your tasting. There are 56 wines to taste from our tasting machines and there is something for everyone.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Wow, this was so amazing.

Sweet Tokaji is my favourite wine in the world. It isn't cheap so I don't drink it that often. As my wife and I are living in Hungary for a bit, I wanted to see if it would be possible to try Tokaji Essencia (the rarest and most special form) for the first time. In the UK I've only seen it for sale once. I got in touch with the team at Cultivini to ask a few questions about whether they had the wine for sale. I asked them as I knew they were one of the very top places for wine in Budapest.

From the beginning they were so kind in answering my questions. To my great delight I found that it was possible to try Essencia from their Enomatic wine dispensing system. To anyone who hasn't tried this before, this is a system which keeps opened bottles fresh for a long time, meaning that it is possible to try samples of lots of different wines.

My wife and I visited the beautiful Cultivini store in central Budapest. It is very, very easy to get to- very close to the tourist area, but tucked away on a smart side street so it doesn't feel touristy itself at all. The interior is absolutely beautiful, just the right setting to try some amazing wines.

We had told the staff we were coming in on that day and they greeted us in such a polite and friendly manner. They explained all about Tokaji (they have an amazing app that helps). They had set up something special to greet us for our visit, they went way beyond the call of duty to make sure that we had a nice time. Also, we were served the Essencia in the most incredible tasting spoon I've ever seen- unlike other wines the special properties it has means that a spoon works best rather than a glass.

It is wonderful to see people who enjoy their jobs, care about the products they sell and are proud to present to you the very best of what Hungary has to offer.

Essencia was the drink I most wanted to try in my whole life, the fact that I got to do so in such a lovely way means I will always be grateful to the Cultivini team.

Highly, highly recommended.

"meats"
"explanation"
"interior"

Reviewed July 23, 2017

we were intrigued to find out more about Hungarian wines; we booked a private tasting that included wine, wonderful cheese/meat platter and a personal guide thru the wine regions of Hungary... just a great way to learn about these wines that are new to us. if you enjoy wine, make a reservation and go enjoy!

1  Thank Beverly L
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Thank you very much for helping me understanding Hungarian wines, for the patience in explaining and the quality selection.
Your passion and knowledge was actually exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you!

1  Thank Tiziana D
Reviewed June 22, 2017

If you have not realized from other posts/reviews you should know I love good food and spirits. So it was only fitting that I checked out this brilliant little place by my hotel. The concept was not new to me, as I have seen it in other locations, you get a card and load it up with funds then you go and taste the various wines. However, this is where my experience went from just tasting wine to really learning about the wines and why they taste the certain way. I apologize because I forgot the staffs names but one was a horticulture engineer. It was so amazing to hear her talk about the various wines and why it was more acidic or fruity. Both ladies that were working the night I went are very passionate about wine and their job. They were happy to answer any of my many questions. In fact she took me on a great tasting adventure (you can go off and taste on your own, but I would highly recommend at least asking for some guidance) I definitely recommend this place if you enjoy wine. If you can splurge I would recommend the highly prized dessert wine. Again I forgot the cost but was very tasty and they serve it in a cool glass.

1  Thank Balzac04