I created a TripAdvisor account just to leave a review here because I feel obliged to share our experience. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in Oct 2013 as part of our month long travel in Europe, and it was by far the WORST hotel experience we’ve had...
When we got to the hotel, we immediately noticed our beds did NOT have any bedsheet. Instead, it only had a bedcover with part of the mattress exposed and balls of human hair on it. We called the receptionist, and was told the bedsheet was already in the room. We were confused so we asked for room cleaning to come take a look. When we showed the room cleaning guy the dirty bedcover, she told us that was the bedsheet and the hair "came from outside the window." Mind you, our room was on the FIFTH floor on a street with no tree and the window was fully CLOSED, how do human hair fly in?? We asked the bedsheet to be changed, the guy came back after 10 min and shoveled another two crumbled BEDCOVERS to us at the door, he DID NOT even bother changing it!! we had to do it ourselves.
Even worse, it was stated in their brochure there is house cleaning everyday, but house cleaning DID NOT COME after our 1st night - the trash not taken out, the bed not folded. On our 2nd night, we asked the receptionist, "is there supposed to be house cleaning" and was told "yes everyday." They came after the 2nd night and ONLY took out the trash and folded the bed, but did NOT clean the floor. After the 3rd night, they AGAIN did not do room cleaning!! It is absolutely disgusting... In addition, the pillows were so flat I had to use my jacket as pillow.
There are many other cheap and nice options in Budapest. Please save yourself the suffering and book elsewhere. If you think about booking this place, consider yourself warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boulevard City Guesthouse is located in a multifloors building in Budapest offering overnight with breakfast and apartments. Comfortable double-rooms and apartments in country house style equipped with showers, TV, fridge are situated on the upper floors of the building. The apartments provide enough space for 2-6 people and amenities for self-catering. In the Boulevard City Guesthouse breakfast can be booked. In summer our terrace is a nice place for having a calm and relaxed breakfast. The Boulevard City is quietly but centrally located in Budapest, 5 walking minutes from the Danube's bank on Pest side and from the Big Ring Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boulevard City Guesthouse Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boulevard City Guesthouse And Apartments
- Boulevard City Guesthouse & Apartments Hotel Budapest