“Great location, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #55 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great location, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The hotel is located just perfectly on walking distance from the best sights in Budapest. The room was clean and spacious with great view over the Danube. The indoor climate was too hot and the air conditioning is very loud. So that was less ok. Breakfast and lunch were perfect.
I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review and sharing your opinion about Lanchid 19 hotel with other travelers. I am especially glad you liked our breakfast and a la carte food as I think our staff does a really good job.

Edit Rozsos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had high expectations for this “design hotel” but were very disappointed when we first saw our room. After changing to a second one, it was better but still not the elegant boutique hotel I expected.

PROS:
*The view is spectacular if you get a river view (one of the higher floors on the front side of the hotel). Floor-to-ceiling windows really maximize the impact.
* Staff was generally very helpful and contributed greatly to our overall enjoyment of Budapest, starting with offering to arrange a car to pick us up at the train station when I contacted them prior to our arrival. They provided excellent dinner recommendations, sightseeing tips, and responded quickly to issues we had with our room (moving us, and then sending someone to fix the TV).
* Breakfast was decent, including squeeze-your-own fresh orange juice and a good assortment of the usual types of breakfast items. They also serve dinner, apparently, but it seemed mostly deserted in the evening.
* It was quiet and the beds were comfortable.
* Location is fine, a short walk to the Chain Bridge and the funicular up to the Castle District, although I think I would prefer staying on the Pest side if I were to return, where there would be more choice of restaurants in the immediate area without having to walk across the bridge or take a taxi up the hill. (Also note there are no ATM’s in the vicinity, one has to go over to Pest or up to the Castle District.)

CONS:
* Poor housekeeping – I am not terribly picky, and rarely dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the hotels we stay in, but we found cobwebs on the ceiling and in various corners of the room, with several tiny spiders and one large one. My husband had to take a towel and swab down the entire room, and I was very unnerved by this. We ended up changing rooms, and found cobwebs in the second one as well. Further, the carpet was badly stained, not just one or two spots but really filthy looking.
* For a “design’ hotel, even one intending to be “minimalist,” it felt cheaply furnished, poorly maintained and there were a number of things that weren’t very functional. The first room we were given had only a tub with a hand-held spray, and the only way to use it without soaking the entire bathroom was to sit down in the tub. We thankfully were able to change to a room with a shower, which was much better. There was minimal hanging space in the closet, on a single pull-out rod rather than the usual horizontal style that allows you to easily access all the contents, and everything else went on open shelving (you could lower a motorized screen over the whole thing, not worth the trouble). Most curious was the placement of the in-room safe, at floor level which necessitated getting down on hands and knees to use it. There was plenty of room on the shelves above where it could have been better placed.
* WiFi did not work in our rooms (5th and 6th floor). We asked for help at the front desk and were given a vague explanation that it was some problem with the settings on iPhones, but in fact they worked fine in the breakfast room and lobby, so I believe it’s an issue of inadequate signal strength.
* I discussed going to the famous public baths with one of the front desk staff, who advised me to take our room towels with us. The next morning, when I asked the maid for an extra set of dry towels, she just said, “Sorry, no.” So I asked a different front desk staffer about getting towels, and she said she wasn’t sure it could be done but she would ask Housekeeping. When we returned to the room later, we did find that they had left us an extra set of towels (the old thin ones, which I think they are phasing out in favor of the thick fluffy ones we generally had – seems a good idea to keep them for this purpose!) I appreciated the end result but was stunned at the lack of hospitality in the initial response. I would have been happy to sign a receipt and guarantee the return of the towels; this is not a huge property and it couldn’t be that difficult to keep track, if they are that concerned about losing their old towels.

There were definitely good points - primarily the view and the great assistance from most of the staff - but they need to get over the idea that this is some spectacular piece of art and focus more on making it a clean, comfortable, functional hotel. We've stayed at other "design" hotels that manage to do both.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, get a Deluxe room (upper floors with river view) or spring for a penthou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Seattle98101
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your detailed review. Also thank you for enumerating your positive experiences concerning our location, staff, view, breakfast and comfort. I am especially glad you felt that our staff managed your concerns seriously.
As for the housekeeping, I myself talked to our staff to clarify the situation you faced concerning you room and the towels. I would like to apologize for this. I made sure this will not happen again. The carpets will be replaced floor by floor as we are aware they are not fresh looking anymore and need to be changed. I agree with you, our bathrooms with showers are probably more functional but some of our guests still prefer the bath.

I would like to thank you again for taking your time to review us.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is located on the Buda side. Crossing the Chain bridge nearby is easy and one can get to Pest quickly and on a very cool bridge. Our room faced the Danube and we could see across to the Four Seasons, known as Gresham castle. The street car was just outside the hotel and it was easy to get anywhere. The location of the hotel is close to many sites and the old town. Some people like one or the other but if you want a small design hotel, this is for you.

Room Tip: Any room facing the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steven,

I really appreciate your prestigious feedback and nice words about our design. Our location is really a major advantage, all sites are very close, still it is a quiet place. Our rooms facing the river provide a really unique view of the city, we also recommend it to most of our foreign guests.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff - rooms adequate and comfortable - ideally placed to walk to all the major sites - breakfast good , bar serves very good coffee. all staff could not have been more helpful and answered all our tourist questions as if it was the first time they had been asked. still some building work at castle and surrounding streets and also at the parliament - when finished these sites will be spectacular.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John,

first of all I would like to thank you for spending your time to review us. We are very proud of our staff, they are really helpful and professional. I am very glad you liked our breakfast selection and the coffee at the bar (which I love myself too).
I hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

It was a great hotel, so personal. Will always go back there. Make sure get the room with the view of the ChainBridge. The view was absolutely amazing. The room and bathroom great too - lovely bath. So close to the castle district and everything else.

Room Tip: The room with the view of the Danube. Higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Susan,

thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are sop glad you would come back to us. I am especially glad you found our staff and view amazing.

Thank you again.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Right across the street from Chain Bridge and steps from the Castle Hill Funicular. The restaurants, nightlife, and shopping are across the bridge on Pest side of the city, but the walk across the Duna at night is gorgeous and comfortable, so we didn't mind the walk. Just another excuse to soak in the beautiful city at night.

Rooms are modern, clean, and spacious enough. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Joe,

thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you liked our hotel, its location and the breakfast selection. We hope we can welcome you in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a 3 night stay. The hotel is very modern looking inside and out as you would expect. Breakfast buffet was excellent, good coffee, tasty pastries, cereals, and continental breakfast. The room was a good size, bathroom was spotless, but agree with another reviewer that it needs better quality toiletries. The beds were comfy, more pillows would have been nice. The only down side was the carpets in the room were stained and looked generally grubby.

Overall we did enjoy staying here it is a great location close to walk to everything.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for your sharing your nice experience. I am especially glad to read that you liked our breakfast selection as we are always looking for the best quality ingredients and change our selection seasonally.
As for the toiletries, they are a great brand, Pascal Morabito used mostly in 5-star hotels. We are sorry they did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping cleans the carpets each day, so they are never dirty but unfortunately in some rooms during the years they got stained and we are aware that they need to be replaced. In a couple of weeks we will find the best solution.