“Excellent view of the Danube”
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #55 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent view of the Danube”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel room offered me an excellent view of the Danube. I could lie in bed and look out of the ceiling to floor window - bliss!

However, were it not for the view, I believe this hotel (on the Buda side) would find it difficult to fill all of the rooms. The negatives were an unattractive bar area - more or less in front of the reception desk and a very unappealing restaurant area on the first floor - in 4 days we only saw one couple eating in the restaurant. The breakfast was very basic and, in my opinion, over priced so we opted to eat elsewhere.

I'm unlikely to return to the hotel as there are better alternatives on the Pest side.

Room Tip: No point in going to this hotel unless you have a room with a very good view of the Danube.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank aveagoodtime
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review. We are glad you liked the location of the hotel and the nice view. of the Danube. The other side of the hotel faces a very quiet Castle area, many of our guests like staying there too. As for the restaurant, we are planning to change the lighting to make it more intimate.

Edit Rozsos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Naples, Italy
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We've booked the room 2 months in advance and we saved about 20% from the price of the standard room. We payed 67 € per night.
All standard rooms are at the lower floors. We asked for a room with a view on the danube and we got it (even if it was not included in the standard room rate)!
The hotel is 10 minutes by walk from the Pest center and 3 minutes from Lanchid bridge. It's also very close to the funicular for the Buda Castle.
The room is very spacious, always cleen, with free Wifi. The bathroom is equipped with the bathub, nice,clean and confortable.
Personell is very kind and helpful.
The hotel is really a 4 stars!
If I came back to Budapest I'd book for this hotel again, well done!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to welcome you again!

Larkspur, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Smallish room, but big beautiful view. Terrible bath design. Not a viable shower option without flooding the bathroom.
Breakfast not included and pricy though uninspired. Walk 2 doors down and dine at Marvellosa (sp?) Reception very helpful interfacing with Hertz who ultimately brought the rental car to the hotel. Hotel staff also helped me figure out how to shift into reverse!
Be aware that the hotel is on the Buda side near the Citrodella and Castle Hill. It's an easy wonderful 10 minute walk over Chain Bridge to Pest side where most of the sights are.

• Stayed August 2012
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Alison,

thank you for taking the time to write your nice review. You are right, there are more pubs and restaurants on the Pest side of the city, but being on the Buda side has also its advantages. It is definitely much more quiet and much more green.
Thank you for pointing out our helpful staff.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hungary is famous for its lack of understanding of good customer service. (I am a Hungarian (visiting home from the US) and I see and rate the service from two angles.) Lanchid 19 Hotel
stands out in many ways from this often frustrating hospitality industry, or it is where service should be 22 years after the end of communism.

The main thing worth noting: the staff was professional and 100%: informative but not wordy, accommodating but not pushy and polite and/yet genuine. They were a delight. Their attitude should be taught in school.

"Despite" being Hungarian my wife and I were treated this way. Sorry if I comes across with a load of preconceptions but this is just speaking from experience.

I very much appreciated the design, especially the atrium although the rooms could benefit from 3 extra sq meters. In light of everything so perfect, this seemed like a little shortsightedness from the planners.

I have one regret and one comment. I should have stayed in the suite but I practically had 8 hours and just wanted to sleep. The receptionist could have upsold me and I made a vain effort to make a deal but he said the price was firm (~$100 vs. $300)/hotel policy. If he gave 10% discount I would have looked at the suite and probably stayed for 2 nights - looking at the pictures and review.

Regardless, I will be back! This is my favorite hotel of this decade : )

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gabor N
Dear Gabor,

I would like to thank you for your really wonderful review. I am glad we met your expectations as a design hotel. We are really proud of our design and the awards we received for it.
Please contact me when coming back to Budapest, we will show you the panorama suite and I am sure we will agree on the rate.

dublin,ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is in a good location.It has parking available on the street right in front.We booked a room with views of the Danube and the Pest riverbank and our expectations were exceeded.The wall to wall and ceiling to floor window gave us a stunning spectacle.The room and bathroom were bright,fresh and modern.Breakfast was excellent.All in all a delightful experience and we thought good value for Budapest.Only one negative - we arrived quite late and were told the closing time for the restaurant.When we went to get some food well before this time we were told that the restaurant was no longer cooking. The staff could only tell us to go over the bridge to Pest and look for somewhere to eat as there was nowhere local - a long long walk - but we got over it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind review. Being at an excellent location in the heart of the city is really one of our major advantages. We are very proud of our well-trained staff but the case you mentioned was not handled properly and I would like to apologize for that.

I hope you will return to Budapest and choose our hotel again.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Took a top-floor room, which was a bedroom, sitting room, bathroom.
Great private jacuzzi, and a powerful shower.
Superb view of the river and bridges from the private balcony, could not be beaten.
Bed was large and comfortable.
Modern TVs in both rooms, if you need TV when in a hotel.
Room service was a little limited, but that which we ordered was of good quality.

Room Tip: Pay for the rooms at the top, it is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Edit R, General Manager at Lanchid 19 Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful review. We really appreciate it. The panorama suite on top of the building is definitely the most unique part of the hotel. And we agree, it can not be beaten.

We hope to welcome you again.

Vienna
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Travelled 2 adults and 2 kids, hence, booked 2 adjacent deluxe rooms with a connecting door. Wonderful decision. Staff were very friendly and helpful with questions. Rooms + bathrooms were clean and big enough. The view to Danube was fantastic. Good wifi connection throughout the hotel. Breakfast offered almost everything. Location and parking posibilities (arrived with a car) were good. Right opposite the "Hop on Hop Off" sightseeing bus stop. Only minus factor to mention: the hotel needs pretty soon a minor renovation (i.e. the carpets in the rooms) otherwise, things will start looking uglier and dirtier. Thank you for the nice stay - we really enjoyed ourselves!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms with Danube view are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ZeynepViyana
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you had a nice stay and were satisfied with our hotel and our services. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.