“Beautiful views over the Danube”
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #56 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Beautiful views over the Danube”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night only, and I will be back again.

The Lanchid Hotel is a very cool hotel, and my room was not only very modern, but extremely functional, with a comfortable and large desk area to work at. I had a room overlooking the Danube and the chain bridge, and it was just beautiful at night.

I love a decent bathroom, and I had the best most relaxing bath ever in this hotel... I am redesigning my bathroom at home now because I want the style of bath that they had in those rooms! It just made my day after a long long day of meetings and travelling.

The breakfast buffet wasn't anything special, but it was included in my rate, so can't complain.

Even though I was here on business, I think that this is a great hotel for a romantic break away, I hope to come back to the Lanchid Hotel with my other half soon.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the Danube, it's so incredibly beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lapeltje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Pontefract, UK
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March 2012 and had an amazing time. The hotel was modern, spotlessly clean and the staff could not do enough for us. We had a deluxe room with the most amazing view of the Danube, included in our room rate was a lovely buffet breakfast which included omelettes made to order which were very nice. The hotel was located directly underneath The Palace and was ideally located to explore both side of the city and there were a number of lovely restaurants close by. A special mention has to go to the Pater Marcus Abbey bar and restaurant which was located very close by and was well worth a visit. The food, service and beer selection was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would definately consider returning on my next trip to Budapest.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe room to get the view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RebeccaG
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I'd a business meeting here and stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The bedroom was very modern, but with lots of practical features. And the view over the Danube was amazing. Very tasty, and big selection fo,r breakfast and lunch, meeting room was bright and airy, location was very handy, and the staff were so friendly. Couldn't find fault!

Room Tip: Room at the front for a view over the Danube
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mosullivan123
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here in December 2011. My husband and I stayed in the Panoramic Suite overlooking the Chain Bridge. The view from our room can not be beat. It is beautiful in the morning but it is even more gorgeous in the evening. If you are a couple traveling, this is the place for you. All the romance you need is staring at you from outside your floor to ceiling windows.
The staff are great. They went out of their way to help us out. We arrived early, before our room was ready, and they happily stowed our luggage so that we could explore the city. When we came back asking questions, they graciously took the time to answer each one of them. After the 2nd night of ordering coffee for our room, they started to add all the extra milk I could possibly want since I had asked for extra the first night (they did not charge extra either). It is a great pleasure when hotel staff go out of their way to remember you and your wants. They also provided us with a fruit tray upon arrival in our room which was very sweet and unexpected.
I highly recommend this hotel, and room, to anyone who is looking for romance and great customer service.

Room Tip: If selecting the Panoramic Suite, be sure to ask for one facing the Chain Bridge. The view is bette...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Wow, what a position, I travelled in January 2012 and the weather was cold -22
the river was almost completely frozen. overlooking the city in the winter is a sight to see.
higly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front of the hotel overlooing the river, the back of the hotel all you will se...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rhodesy10
Perth
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here over the Christmas/New Year period. The desk staff and conceirge were very friendly and helpful (yes, they tip!). Excellent room. It was tidy and clean. Funky, modern decor (we had the steps to the walz on the wall...). Fantastic views of Pest and the chain bridge which is about a 5 minute walk from hotel and a far view from the Parliament Building - look gorgeous at night.
Actual Pest is about a 10 minute walk away. The castle is situated right above the hotel which is a short walk/hike up the hill or to the funcilar. You can't actually see the castle from the rooms. New Years Eve was very quiet in Budapest (which we thought was great). There was a small amount of fire works throughout the night from the castle which you can't see from the room.
The Christmas markets were open until New Years Eve and they were great for food, goodies etc (and mulled wine!!! - which is mega sweet in Hungary). Be aware that most things -- if not all things were closed New Years Day. Also be organised trying to get into Parliament Building which is quite difficult.
Anyway, the accommodation was fantastic as well as being very quiet (e.g. little traffic or people noise). A lovely spread for breakfast including champers for new years, a proper coffee machine and usual selection of continential foods and pastries. Our only gripe is that there were no tea or coffee facilities available in the room so bring a travel kettle with you. Oh - yeh also the shower is weird (for us) situated just above the bath so you had to sit down to have a shower - no big deal. Overall a great hotel in a magnificent location. Very good value. Budapest was a surprisingly beautiful city and the Hungarians are really lovely people.

Room Tip: Good value rooms can have a magnificent view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KateandPaulPerth
Prades, France
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Iwas a lot of nice place around the world, but this hotel is at the first 15!!!
The girl at the reception was very cute and the penthouse with the bathtube at the top of the city! I almost stay for 5 days at my room...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo