See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2017

I've had nice stay in little bit old furnished Villa-pension in Budapest. Not far from city center with green garden a perfect view from my attic room. Very helpful lady on the reception desk is the big advantage, when you visit Budapest first time.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2017

The host was very helpful and the requested information provided fast. The room was fine, the location quite and within reach of public transportation. A nice experience overall with some lessons to be learned. On the other hand, the host could has asked if we wanted breakfast, since this was the first time booking a room via Booking.com I did not know I should ask for it and the information on TripAdvisor was that the price included the breakfast. Also, the temperature within the room was not as comfy it should have been until I communicated this and amendments were done.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed February 23, 2017

We stayed here for one night and all we needed was a good bed and hot water. But suddenly we found ourselves in very nice and comfortable place, and it seemed like there was a smell of cleanliness there and some aura of peace around. I liked this place very much and I felt absolutely relaxed there. Yes, the soundproofing isn't awesome and you can hear when your neighbours are taking a shower, but for this price it is the best hotel I could imagine!

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2017

It turned out to be far below our expectations. Other than a very caring owner who was very friendly with the guests, there wasn't much to appreciate. Rooms were small and very basic. Bathroom was just average.
And yes, our room was on third floor and there was no lift in the guest house. There wasn't even any attendant available to bring our luggage and we had to drag our suit cases on the stairs.
The guest house provided a very basic breakfast. However, the landlady was very courteous and helpful and we were provided whatever was available. But there wasn't much that was available.

Room tip: Try to stay on ground or 1st floor if you don't like climbing stairs. There is no lift in the hotel
Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank flyfisher66
korall, Vezető at Villa Korall, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for your comment!

We are sorry, that you didn't fully enjoy your stay! We are only a little, 3 star pension in a greenbelt area, so we can mainly offer the most important things for our bargain prices, clean rooms, welcoming atmosphere, silence (no traffic) and a nice breakfast (if ordered) judged by many guests.
You could see all the pictures on the site about the rooms, their sizes and also the information about not having an elevator, which is a requirement for hotels from a 4 star standard. You spent a few days in May 2016, but you wrote your comment in February 2017, so I can not really remember the situation, but I always ask guests about helping their suitcases to their rooms at their check-in time, as my husband is always around and willing to help. This is a basic thing we always ask and do, when guests let us help.
It would have been also nice, if you told me, that you would like something different for breakfast, as our main concern is not just being nice to our guests, as you wrote it, but solving any problem straight away, if we can.
We serve 2 kinds of cereal, musli, yoghurts, 4 kinds of cheese, 3 kinds of paté, nutella, honey, butter, 6 kinds of cold cuts, many kinds of freshly made eggs, what you can combine with onion, bacon or cheese, hot sausages,toasted sandwiches, fresh vegetables and fruits, 4 kinds of jam, fresh coffee,many kinds of tea, mineral water, hot chocolate, toast, white and brown breads and fresh rolls.
We try to keep up with our 3 star standard and always buy good, quality food, but it would have been a help for us, if you suggested something else you wanted to have apart from the above. We hope you will visit our city again in the future! Best regards, Szilvia Aradi

Reviewed January 2, 2017

I may have had a better experience staying here if it had been under different circumstances. However, my husband and I stayed here for the first 3 nights of our trip to Europe, which happened to include New Years Eve and New Years Day.
Our main issue was that the noise level between rooms was very loud. We could hear anything our neighbors were saying, both to our side and below us. You can even hear the neighbors using the toilet! Since it was New Years weekend, our neighbors all stayed out late and made a lot of noise once they returned. Since it was the first leg of our journey from the US, we were still exhausted and really wanted somewhere quiet to sleep. I had booked Villa Korall specifically because I thought it would be quiet, being farther away from the city. I hadn't realized that the noise level between rooms would be so high. To be fair, it's not really the fault of the management, and I don't know that there is anything they could do that would help this problem. However, for me, I really wished some of the reviewers had mentioned this issue.
The other frustrating thing was that I had read breakfast is included and was counting on having a nice breakfast our last day in town. The first two days we had slept past 10 because of our jet lag, but the third morning, January 2nd, we got up expecting breakfast. We were told that we should have ordered breakfast 2 days in advance. Because of the holiday, they couldn't buy groceries for us the day before, and they would have had to buy breakfast supplies on December 31st to cook for us on the 2nd. I just wished that this had been more clear! I had no idea we should have to order breakfast two days early, and it felt disappointing after reading so many positive reviews about the breakfasts there, to not be able to enjoy it.
So, again, it was probably just because of New Years weekend that we had a less than ideal trip, but if you do want to come here, you should be aware that you need to order breakfast at least a day early, and that if you are looking specifically for a quiet place to stay, this might not be it. For us, it was not worth the long trek out of the city, since the main thing w were looking for was a quiet place to sleep.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
korall, Vezető at Villa Korall, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

Dear Christina,

Thank you very much for your comment!

We are very sorry, that you did not fully enjoy your stay in our pension. Unfortunately we informed Tripadvisor about the breakfast already, as it is not included in our prices, guests need to add it to their chosen room type on Booking.com or they need to choose the price with breakfast included (for example on Expedia.com/Hotels.com).
Tripadvisor confirmed it, that they will change this information on their page as well, but it's still there. We tried to modify it before, but the system did not save the modified information for some reason, that's why we asked for their help, I hope it will be shortly corrected.
However you made your reservation on Expedia.com through Tripadvisor, you got your confirmation letter from Expedia.com too, so you could clearly see, what you reserved, as Expedia.com (your main booking site) shows the right information.
You arrived very late on the 30th of December, but I informed you about everything you needed to know about the pension and its services. You did not mention to me, that you would like to have breakfast on the 2nd of January, I thought you knew, that you did not order it, so I supposed, that was your choice during the 3 nights you spent with us. I also told you, that shops will not be opened on the 1st of January 2017, as there is a bank holiday in Hungary on that day, but you still did not mention,that you would like to have breakfast the next day, so we would have known about it in advance. Our main shopping center was closed too on the 1st, where we buy food for breakfast, so as we keep only fresh food in the pension, we could only organize it, if you told us about having breakfast at least on the 31st of December. No other guests asked for breakfast on the 2nd, so I was very surprised, when you arrived to the breakfast area, just before the breakfast's hours usually end, expecting it to be ready.
As the New Year's Eve period is the busiest one in Budapest, unfortunately there are some changes even in shop's opening hours. We try our best to inform our guests about everything we possibly can, as you can read it in most of the comments. You could not see many information about breakfast on the site, as we did not have this issue many times before, guests tell us in advance most of the time, if they would like to modify what they reserved.
We are a small, family pension in a greenbelt area of Budapest, so we mainly guarantee, that there will be no loud traffic noise from outside, but unfortunately we can not control our guests' behaviour. I informed you also about how to reach me during the night from your room's phone, in case there will be any problem, but you did not contact me at all, though I could have warn other guests to keep the silence at night and mind about other people.
As it happened during the New Year's Eve period, you would have probably experienced the same in the center of Pest too. The noise of the fireworks and people celebrating were much worse there.
We are a simple, 3 star pension only, it is clearly written on every site, unfortunately we dot have sound proof walls, what ususally 4 or 5 star hotels have.
Apart from high level services these hotels must have, we try very hard to keep up with our own standards.
Thank you very much for staying with us again and we really hope you'll visit our city again in the future! Best regards, Szilvia Aradi