“Would go back again”

Central Green Hotel
Ranked #270 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our room was clean and pretty big. Bathroom was nice and clean, very good shower. We didn't have breakfast here so I can't comment on the food. Location is very good, metro is just a few minutes away. The hotel staff were very nice, friendly. We stayed for 3 nights, had the fan on constantly because it was so hot. It is a nice, clean hotel I would recommend it. Having a fridge in the room was a bonus!!!

Room Tip: if you are going in the summer book a room with airconditioning
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel is situated in a small, quiet street. We are impressed by the friendly and helpful staff. The reception is open 24 h. The rooms are simple and clean. The bathroom is big. The breakfast is solid. You can reach many sightseeings by feet for example: Europes biggest synagogue, the city garden, the "Margareteninsel", Andrassy Avenue and so on. The metro No. 1 is just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E W
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband chose the hotel for its price, location, and because it said it has air conditioning. Unfortunately only a few rooms have air conditioning, and they said this has to be requested when you book the room. They did put a fan in our room when we complained.

The location was great, only a few minutes' walk to a metro stop; the staff at the desk was friendly and helpful and spoke English pretty well; breakfast was OK but not great (scrambled eggs were always gone very quickly before we got down to the breakfast room). Our bed was a double, quite comfortable, although I was glad I had brought my own pillow since theirs was one of the very big, flat, hard ones. The bathroom was small and very humid, began to get a musty smell while we were there even though I tried to keep that door open. One of our friends in another room had trouble when we came in after dark because there was no light in the hall outside their room and they couldn't see well to unlock the door, but fortunately I had a flashlight. We enjoyed having a mini-fridge, and we were also glad to have the Wifi service and also free use of the computer in the lobby next to the desk.

Really the only thing that I was disappointed in was how hot our room was, which made it difficult to rest. If we stay there again it will only be if they have an air conditioned room available.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Stayed 3 nights. The employees were all friendly enough and helpful, spoke english pretty well. Close to the subway station : ±10 minutes to reach the heart of the city.

Room was very clean and comfortable enough. Had to ask for the remote of the conditionned air. I didn't understand why it was not given upon arrival.

Walls not too soundproof : when your neighboors' showers work, you hear it pretty much.

The location is dead at night (almost creepy) so it's quiet to sleep but on the other hand, don't look for a restaurant or a bar at night, it's all closed. If you're a night bird, you probably won't like it.

Breakfast : not too good. Cold srambled or boiled eggs, hot dog sausages, processed cheese slices and cold processed ham slices. Terrible coffee. Bread and jams, that can save you. When you arrive half hour before the end of breakfast, not much left (sometimes almost nothing left).

Many TV chanels.

I would recommend it, but personaly, I'd book in a livelier neighborhood next time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mathieu B
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here 1 night in a double room, but it was more than enough in this hotel. 2 positive things: the location, it is really 1 minute walk from underground station and the staff at reception were kind.
Otherwise our room (N.6) was dirty, and old fashioned. The carpet is old, spotty, the chairs are the same. Window is impossible to open.
But for me the bathroom was the weakest point. It was dirty, shower is pitted and fungous as there was not any ventillation possibility in the bathroom.
Breakfast was enough for me, but everything was cold : coffee, milk, egg, omelett.
For this room we paid 65 EUR for 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My expectations about this hotel weren't big, so maybe that's the reason why I'm pleasantly surprised by it. First and the most important thing to mention is that the hotel is located 1 min walk away from Andrasy street and metro station "Kodaly Korond" in M1 line. The room was spacey, with big bed, TV and was very well heated (temperature outside, at the moment of my stay was averaging -4 degrees Celsius). I have nothing but the compliments for the hotel's staff. Breakfast was decent, nothing much to expect, but it was enough to keep you going for the day of Budapest sightseeing.
The only thing I could complain about is that all the TV channels in Hungary are synchronized, so if you don't know Hungarian don't expect watching anything other than Euronews and SKYNews. :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Yes - you get what you pay! But next time i will pay little pit more and choose definitely another hotel!
Room was more or less OK - big bed, TV, minibar, etc.
But bathroom was tiny, shower was not working properly and drainage was slow (or smth) - floor was non-stop flood.
No AC in the room - so it was burning hot. Our room was on the II floor, overlooking the patio, where people were smoking - so we could not open the window, otherwise our room would have been like smoke sauna.
Also neighbors let their dog park outside our window ...
Breakfast was horrible - coffee was undrinkable (it turned green, when i but milk in:). Yes, there was enough bread and cheese and ham - but everything looked kind on greasy and dirty. Some people ate there though (but no one drank the coffee:) - so maybe i was too picky.
Overall - the location was good - everything was within walking distance, metro stop was nearby. I loved the city and people in Budapest. I will go there again, but definitely choose another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple