“Tip Top”

Ranked #1 of 188 Budapest B&B and Inns
Birmingham
“Tip Top”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place IS Budapest. Classic with a modern twist. First of all, let me recommend Budapest as a fantastic city and the Kapital Inn is the perfect base to explore this magnificent gem. This apartment hotel is close to the centre, just off Andrassy Av. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed with the freedom to roam and use the apartment amenities at your own pace. Your host, Albert, is most attentive, but does not smother you. Every restaurant, bar and point of interest recommended by Albert was spot on, with his sole motive to maximise your enjoyment not his profit. Im not known for my positivity, but this place is just beast.

Room Tip: All are excellent,just depends if you want on-suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1_The_Cat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Thanks to Albert for a wonderful stay in Budapest. The B&B is great -- great rooms, fantastic omlettes for breakfast, really good location, really good host. Albert spent time with us telling us his sight-seeing recommendations. We basically let him plan our three days there and he didn't lead us astray! He 'forced' us to go to the baths, although we didn't take the plunge, but it was just such a good sight to view. Budapest, unlike a lot of capital cities was very good value for money. The food was very good, again due to good recommendations from Albert about where to go.

Room Tip: Choose one of the ensuite rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Martin B
Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I don't have anything to add that hasn't been mentioned in previous reviews other than to thank Albert for a wonderful stay in Budapest! The B&B is perfect -- perfect rooms, perfect breakfast, perfect location, perfect decor throughout, perfect host. I loved Budapest in large part thanks to the great stay at Kapital Inn. Be sure to spend time with Albert soaking in his restaurant and sight-seeing recommendations. I basically let him plan my entire holiday and he didn't lead me astray!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank taryn615
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had never been to Budapest and after seeing Kapital Inn had almost exclusive excellent ratings, contacted Albert. He was the most patient and considerate business person I’ve come across. He gave me lots of advice, must have spent a great deal of time answering my questions, was incredibly flexible – nothing was a problem. Which was great for me, as I had not been to Budapest, and didn’t really know what I was after in many respects. I'm glad I spent the whole 5 days at Kapital Inn. Everything about the place is as per others’ reports. Top class. Oh yeah . . . and Albert insisted on carrying my heavy bag up the stairs, despite my pleading - hence the big pecs and biceps!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank -AussieTravel-000
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I, along with my adult daughter, stayed at the Kapital Inn late last year in two separate rooms. This was our first trip to Budapest, so we hardly knew what to expect. Albert was terrific every step of the way. He greeted us in the street when our cab pulled up. He carried most of our luggage up the four flights of stairs. He gave us excellent tips on places to go to, both sightseeing as well as restaurants. He particularly recommended the Szechenyi Baths, which are within walking distance of the Kapital Inn. That was a great experience, probably my wife's and daughter's favorite. The breakfasts were excellent. He also went above the call of duty by translating some old documents in Hungarian from my great-grandfather's time circa 1888. He huddled with some others to do that since some of the writing was old Hungarian which is no longer in use. Overall, Albert really made himself available for whatever we needed. The two rooms that we used shared a common bathroom in the hallway, and that was very roomy, clean and serviceable. The Kapital Inn is very conveniently located to just about anything that you would want to do around Budapest. We all intend to go back to Budapest again in 2014 and the Kapital Inn is where we intend to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve K
greasby wirral uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Kapital Inn is an absolute diamond of a place to stay... the vibe created by its owner ALBERT MARTON truly up lifts you as soon as you see what has been created from this retro building seated in the heart of Budapest.
Each room has its own style of comfortability along with a roof top area and a very smart kitchen area with everything you require for the morning breakfast and catch up time...
Our welcome extended every morning by the owner and his knowledge of where we should visit..taxi's and time schedules were sorted out by Albert if you wished any help ....
This boutique style b&b is unreal and we felt sad when we left after just 3 days being around there. The other thing is that we found the people of this grand city to be lovely people in general having been through such a terrible ordeal.
The owner Albert Marton has won a gold star. thankyou for a very outstanding time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank breno111
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I did not stay here at the Inn but the friends who we took the trip with did. Our hotel was around the corner but Albert insisted we not pay for breakfast at our hotel but to come round every morning and have breakfast with our friends, which we did. He is warm, funny, helpful and kind nothing was too much trouble. Definintely a people person, who really helped make our stay in Budapest perfect. I would definitely recommend the Kapital to anyone who is travelling to Budapest and I would definitely recommend Budapest with it's wonderful architecture and kind and warm people, to any traveller.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple