“Extremely priceworthy!”

Ranked #37 of 658 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Stockholm
“Extremely priceworthy!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service is more or less non-existent - however, it's not like this is a place you'd stay to get spolied or anything. The apartments are clean, tidy and well-equipped. The location is not far from the city centre, and very near a metro station. Walking distance to the Danube.

Highly recommended for anyone wanting to rent a modern and functioning apartment in Budapest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

When we found the apartments we followed the signs telling us to check in at the hostel on the complex. We got there around 12pm so a little earlier than check in time. The staff were friendly and asked us to wait whilst she phoned through to see if our room was ready and we were checked in 20 minutes later.

We were given the keys which had a fob to open the electric gate to the complex and the door into the building, another key to open the door on our level and another key to actually get into our apartment. So a very secure place to stay. As soon as we walked in I was actually amazed at how nice it was for the price we paid. We had a kitchen and dining area and a living room with a sofa bed, separate bathroom and bedroom. Lots of big windows so lots of light. The huge windows in the living room and bedroom open out on to the balcony.

This was just an excellent place to stay and I would 100% recommend it to anyone visiting Budapest whether on holiday, business etc.

Also, there were a number of different open Wifi connections we were able to use.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChazLevy
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This "hotel" is connected to a hostel. You have to check in with the rude staff from the hostel. Upon check in I was informed there were no spaces in the garage despite having requested a spot in my booking. I was told I needed a confirmation of a reservation to park in the garage. I received no email regarding availability but more importantly an email of unavailability. This would have been nice to know in order to plan for it. I was (rudely) directed to a nearby garage which cost about 5 euros more to park. I let this go and went back to request using the restroom, as it was still too early to check in which I knew.

The girls at the desk refused to allow me to use the restroom and directed me to the restaurant across the street. I informed them I was a guest but they stated they "would not send a hostel guest to the hotel to use the bathroom so I should not expect to use the hostels facilities." Due to the shared reception are I thought it was reasonable to use the bathroom here but apparently not. I then demanded to cancel my reservation with no charge.

They called their boss who asked to speak with me. They had neglected to inform her of the situation and she was under the impression I was only angry about the parking. I explained the bathroom situation and the boss was appalled at her staff and offered me a room upgrade. She continued to cancel my reservation without charging me the full night anyway, despite my warning of a negative review.

Walking to the room requires you to walk through a dark unlit stairwell. Each level of steps requires you to turn on a new light, it would be very easy to fall and get hurt here.

When I arrived in my room I noticed the dead bolt lock had been removed, I do not understand why. Also the room was extremely noisy due to hallway traffic and night life outside. The walls are deceitfully thin and I was awoken by noisy people several times through out the night

Upon check out I requested a receipt to show I returned my key. The rude front desk girl obviously had not learned her place and snapped at me for asking stating they don't give receipts for the key and she questioned whether I had paid yet.

I inquired to the other girl what her friend's problem was and I was told this was actually her sister. I am assuming they must have a family connection to their boss too because any hotel/hostel with any sense would not employ these 2 rude individuals.

This hotel is also in an ugly, graffiti filled street near the Opera. Not very close to anything and not anywhere I would walk without a weapon on me at night. Just save yourself the headache pay a bit more and stay closer to the river and avoid this terrible place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here and you will likely have a better room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank knexster
Bucharest
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very nice apartment, spacious and clean. City center is at walking distance, we didn't use public transportation at all during our 3 days stay in Budapest.
Parking was available for a reasonable 13 eur a day but during weekend and on holidays parking on the street in front of the hotel was free (the host was kind enough to recommend us to park on the street as we came on saturday while monday was a holiday)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank george_paizan
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Opera Residence is actually run by a backpacker's hostel next door. The room we stayed in didn't match the quality of rooms on the website at all. There was chipping paint and the shower was difficult to control without flooding the bathroom. The curtains rods tried to fall of the wall. The room was mostly clean but the floor felt a bit gritty and the room smelled like air perfume when we arrived. Luckily there was a fan but frankly it was a bit weak and wanted to fall over as well. Another inconvenience is that this property has an earlier than normal check-out (10:00) and a later-then normal check-in (15:00) which was inconvenient for us.

The worst problem of all though was that the street which our room overlooked was very noisy. It may have been better if it had overlooked the courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard. The street-side rooms are very noisy even on a weeknight.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JuliaJ10
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Good condition apartment. Spacious. However, not cleaned very well. Ie a lot of dust under the bed and behind furniture and some sanitary stuff of the previous guest behind the washing machine. Also, windows quite bad, we were on the top floor but I still woke up nearly every night due to the noice from the street. Anyway, overall good. I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
Lviv, L'vivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very nice residence (witch actually is an amount of appartments) the reception is common to their hostel but the service is 5+, prices cheap and right in the city center! A bit hard to find (o utka - means street "o") inputing in your gps shuold work

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends