We stayed at the Fashion Atrium Hotel between 3rd and 5th and March 2013 as part of a twin city break deal from Citrus Holidays.
The exterior of the hotel is pretty and clean. Glass entrance doors give it a classy modern feel.
The whole of the ground floor is open plan, split level. The reception area is brightly decorated with lime green and cyan blue accents. Everything looked very clean and the ladies behind the reception desk were smartly dressed.
Adjacent to the reception is a tourist information area with leaflets on all the local attractions and sites.
The hotel has a floor to ceiling atrium over the breakfast/bar area and many of the room look out over this. As a result I do not think these rooms have windows and from what we saw they were quite small. Our room, however, was at the front of hotel and had two floor to ceiling windows (lots of natural light).
The room was spacious which was great as 3 of us shared it. It had 3 single beds and still plenty of room to move about.
It was decorated in light gray and pink colours. Not really the colour scheme I would go for but the room was clean and tidy nonetheless.
The room was equipped with:
• Desk and chair
• Flat screen TV (information about the hotel’s WiFi is on the hotel’s dedicated channel)
• Tea/Coffee making facilities (There is no milk, only coffee cream provided)
• Welcome pack with information about the local area and sites, including a useful map)
• Mini bar (Be careful about buying food and drink from outside of the hotel and leaving the packaging in the room as they will assume it is from the mini bar. They tried to charge us for a bottle of water that we had purchased from a local store)
• Safe in the wardrobe
The bathroom was well lit and roomy. A large basin area with storage underneath for our wash bags however there were no complimentary toiletries which I feel let this hotel down a little bit.
There was a hairdryer and also a magnifying mirror.
The bath/shower was great.
As with most hotels there is an unwritten rule regarding the towels. If you use a towel and hang it up to dry the housekeeping staff will assume you want to use it again. If you want fresh towels then leave them on the floor or in the bath.
The breakfast room is at the centre of the atrium and is therefore very light. It’s an extremely modern area with a rather odd clock. The hour and minute hands are on the one side and a huge swinging pendulum acts as the second hand on the other side.
The breakfast buffet itself was quite small but as we stayed during low season we weren’t exactly fighting over the last croissant. The selection of food was good.
• Hot food (eggs, sausages etc.)
• A bakery section with bread, cheese scones and pastries
• Selection of cold meats and cheeses as well as a fridge full of yoghurt
• Fresh fruit and preserves such as jams, honey and chocolate spread
• Tea, coffee and fruit juice
The hotel staff were very friendly. Check-in was quick and simple.
The ladies behind the reception desk were knowledgeable about local restaurants and how to get to different tourist spots.
As mentioned before, when we checked –out the reception did try to charge us for a large bottle of water that we had bought from a local store (a bottle that size wouldn’t even fit in the mini bar!). We insisted that we had taken nothing from mini bar and they did agree to remove the charge.
We never saw a member of the housekeeping staff as we were out in the city all day but the room was always immaculate when we returned so no complaints there.
The hotel is perfectly positioned in the city. The nearest metro station (Blaha –metro line 2) was literally a 2 minute walk. A bus stop and tram stop are also very nearby.
The weather was really lovely during our stay so we preferred to walk and on most days we followed the same route as the metro line 2 which goes straight down to the Elizabeth Bridge. We then walked along the river to the Chain Bridge. By metro this journey would take 10-15 minutes max. but walking took about 45 minutes. It was a nice way to take in the scenery though (and work off all the cakes).
There are plenty of shops including well known high street stores and fast food venues just a stone’s throw from the hotel.
• A 24 hour tram line sits just outside the hotel. The rooms are fairly soundproofed and we did not find that the tram disturbed out sleep but if you are a light sleeper then I suggest you ask for a room that over-looks the atrium, not the street.
• When you check-in a compulsory deposit of 6000 HUF is taken for the mini bar. Provided you do not use anything from the mini bar this deposit will be returned in full when you check-out.
• Budapest Cards can be purchased from the hotel reception. These include use of all transport, 2 free walking tours, zoo entrance and discounts of many other things. We felt it was worth while purchasing this. The card can be purchased for 24hr, 48hr (river cruise is included in this) and 72 hour. We can definitely recommend the Budapest walking tour.
Over all we greatly enjoyed our stay in Budapest. The city, it’s people and it’s food were wonderful. I would definitely return and I would have no problem booking another stay in the Fashion Atrium Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fresh is the keyword. Impressive design with the latest fashion in colour schemes and upholstery. Atrium Fashion Hotel represents an efficient and modern style among the chic 4 star hotels in Budapest. Built to blend a wide range of facilities and stylish interior design with a charming atmosphere, the hotel offers unique lodging experience in Budapest, suitable for business travellers, families or groups. The stylishly-decorated, bright couloured rooms feature LCD TV, WiFi access, safe, telephone, minibar, hair-dryer. Sound-proofed windows combined with our large and airy atrium provide an oasis of peace in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atrium Fashion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Budapest