Regency Suites Hotel Budapest
$106
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
1,002 results
All reviewsgreat locationfree wifiwalking distancecontinental breakfastthe heart of the cityrooms are largebars and restaurantscentral locationmetro stationby footnice breakfasthop on hop off buspublic transportationjewish quartercity breakmini baryogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had a suite at second floor. Nice and large room. Comfy bed. Comfy sofa and chairs. Big bathroom. We were very pleased to see there was a balcony. The breakfast was OK, but nothing more. A bit boring breakfast, actually, and we missed some sweet pastry for breakfast. Very good coffee, though. The elevator was a bit slow, and sometimes it was crowded with staff (and they didn't get out to give the place to us!) There were people working in the street outside our room, but that didn't bother us. The staff were very helpful ordering taxis for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Liz_Gilbert40
Anita H, Public Relations Manager at Regency Suites Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for your positive review and I am pleased to know you loved the nice and large room, the comfy bed, sofa and chairs, big bathroom, balcony, enjoyed the coffee. Day to day we are improving the breakfast , serving seasonal fruits, sweet pastrys etc. Tomorrow on the staff meeting I will manage the elevator problem, to not be the same in the future.
Best Regards,
Anita Hollósi

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed recently in the Regency Suites in Budapest. First thing - location is perfect. 1 min walk from Metro stop / hop on/off bus stop just around the corner / all the best bars within 2 - 5 mins walk. Major plus - staff are great. Reception staff couldn't have been more helpful with directions, advice etc, gave them the 30 min notice needed to heat up the sauna and again not a problem! Staff dealing with breakfast buffet were super - nothing was a problem - some people have complained about breakfast in previous reviews - you are not going to get a full irish breakfast - you are not in Ireland!! Plenty of delicious scrambled or fried eggs / croissants/ toast cheese and yes the ham / salami if you want it. Plenty fruit, yoghurt, juices - can't see the problem! Night porter always friendly even at 4.30am when there to welcome those struggling back from the bars!! Ate in their restaurant next door - great steak & enjoy the decor! Two bars directly across the road. Great Irish music and great food in Jack Doyles (towards the river) only a few mins walk away but don't miss the other great bars when you turn right out of the hotel eg Szimpla & lots of small bars in that same area.....all due a visit. Local beers great value!! Spent a day at Szechenyi baths - great day for €15 - we had sunshine & 20 degrees an added unexpected bonus for 22nd March! Did Giraffe hop on/hop off bus tour - great value for 2 days but beware not all buses open top so if this priority (and it does make a huge difference in seeing the sights - n they are worth seeing), choose your tour company wisely. Other companies appeared to have more open top? Saw the "beer bike" - didn't get to use it - look out for it - looked like great fun. All in all Budapest a great city, very easy on the pocket which is always a plus, stay in the Regency - great value for money, superb staff & great location and all the locals in general so unbelieveably friendly & helpful too. Bring a great friend like I did (thanks Nor!) and this city won't be beaten for city breaks !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank tipproaming
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The best thing that can be said about this hotel, is perfect location, right next to tram 47/49, and the central underground stop that connects all 3 lines, as well as a few bus stops. Its within walking distance of some good bars, The Bar, Catlin Irish Bar for example as well as a few restaurants and shops. It was the best value, nice and 4 start hotel I could find in such a central location, £180 ish for 4 nights. The hotel its self, nice, I would not call it a 4 star, more like a good 3 star, however it did have a gym and sauna etc and the rooms were a nice size and clean enough. The breakfast, continental, but had a grill and toaster, so I had scrambled egg on toast, and my partner cheese and ham toasties. The hot drinks range was also good, unless you like English tea, but the coffees were good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Upon check in, room was not ready until 14:15, even if I was there as early as 12:00 and was waiting for it.

During this waiting I had to listen to a long and unneccessary argument between the hotel staff and a British couple who felt they were asked to pay twice for the same taxi service from the hotel. In the end they did not have to pay, and the whole session felt very unnecessary. Someone under hotel responsibility (hotel or driver they use) had not done things as good as they should, hence this scene.

Upon arrival in the room (101), there was the following left by the previous guest:
- 1 bottle of opened 1,5 liter water
- 1 yoghurt
- 1 bag of plastic spoons
- 5 magazines in German
- 1 very old cellphone charger

I knew the hotel was full, so I did not bother to complain, but the room (101) is nothing near the standard one would expect from a "suite" (the hotel name and the signs inside the hall claims this little pigeon hole is a suite).

When I took a shower the whole floor in the bathroom was wet. I had to use my spare towel to clean. Apparently not all guests have done this, so some problems with the wood on the doors.

Breakfast was 2* at best. Not very good products and small/poor variety of warm food and bread.

Some disturbances during the night.

Failing to clean the day of the takeover gives a poor score on that one.

Very good and central location. Definately 4* location.

Internet was nice and stable.

PS: I came straight from another 4* hotel in Budapest, so I have something to compare with quite fresh in my mind.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ragnar_76
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great location, 5 minute walk from Deak Ferenc Ter (main metro station) and 10-15 minute walk to the river. Easy access to most places from this hotel, which is very handy, we never once got a taxi.

Breakfast was adequate, bread, fruit, eggs, salami, the usual european breakfast. It is self service so no waiting staff.

Rooms - Simple and clean. We had a triple room as 3 girls sharing, and so had an extra camp bed which was great as it was put into a suite, so we had lots of space.
Only complaint I have re. the room - it was very hot, no air conditioning. There was building going on outside so we couldn't open the windows either.

Gym/sauna - didn't use so can't comment

Food - there is a great cafe next door to the hotel. I would recommend, lovely staff and amazing food at great prices. Really quirky place with great decor.
If you head out of the hotel and go right, you will end up in a very lively area in the backstreets. There are some amazing restaurants and bars here, we had a great time.

Note for MANAGEMENT - One of the reception staff was extremely rude (Name badge said Renata?) . Upon checkout we walked up to the desk, she stared at us and said, room? Then proceeded to tell us we had to pay tourist tax with no explanation, no did we have a nice stay etc etc. Absolutely no interpersonal skills nor public relation skills, was extremely rude and made us feel unwelcome.
Later we went back to collect our luggage as we went out for lunch, she was sat swinging on the reception chair playing on her mobile! Not impressed...

Asides from that, hotel is more than adequate for a city break, cheap room rates. Its not a luxury hotel by any standard, but even by my fussy standards it was very clean, organised and great location! I would return again (if Renata improves her reception skills! ;-) )

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ambernectar85

Thank you very much for your time taken to leave your kind feedback on our hotel. Thank you for sharing your good experiencies about the breakfast, location, rooms, staff, nearby restaurants, bars.
I was very sorry to learn about your negative experience you've had during your check out. For our future perspectives your feedback is very usefull. Today I had a personal meeting with Renata, and I told her your observations, ask her to improve her interpersonal skills, and no more playing on mobile. Our Front Office manager will give more attention in the future on Renata. I hope we will see you again in our hotel, and I am sure that Renata will have more reception skills on your next visit.
Kind regards,