“A Hidden Gem!!”

Aventura Boutique Hostel
Ranked #94 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

If you want a small, quite and homey hostel this is the place for you.
Every staff memeber I had dealings with was wondeful. They helped me with restaurants for dinner, which walking tour to take, tickets to the bathhouses, sold me postage stamps and did my laundry too.
Definitely recommend for a relaxing and comfortable stay in Budapest.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Carly C
There are newer reviews for Aventura Boutique Hostel

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Alot of hype surrounds this hostel but I dont believe its entirely deserved. I travelled to the hostel with a friend and our bookings had been mixed up, even though everything had been confirmed via email the nite before. This resulted in my friend having to sleep one nite on the hostel floor on a mattress. One guy at reception was very helpful but the others were either too busy on Facebook or rolling their cigarettes. The beds in the African room are exceptionally creaky - anytime someone moved, it was heard though out the whole room. Multiply that by 8 people sleeping, and you have a very noisy dorm room.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachael G
AventuraHostel, Owner at Aventura Boutique Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Rachael,

I am terribly sorry that you have had a bad stay in our hostel. I fully understand that it was quite inconvenient for you moving around, I appologize for that.
When you sent your inquiry we have warned you that we are pretty full and that you have to move almost each day to another room. We have offered you to look for another hostel, but you have descided to stay with us. This was a very busy weekend due to the international holiday (1st May).
It is also true that our 8 bed dorm is noisy, but this is why it is 3 eur cheaper than our 4 bed ensuite dorm, which is much more convenient. I hope we will have a chance to accommodate you again with a better arrangement - maybe in one of our apartments, and show that we are not that bad. We always take customer complaints very seriously, and try to do our best to improve and to make sure that guest have a pleasant stay full of nice experience.

Wish you all the best,

Agnes Erdohati
owner
Aventura Boutique Hostel and Apartments

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in the art apartment for three nights and it was really really great! Everything was very clean, the staff in the hostel was extremly nice and the apartment was so big! It has a big kitchen, a huge living room, a bathroom, a separate toilet and a bedroom. Its very colourful and nice and you can really enjoy staying there.
Its quite there, you can sleep very well. The area is great you have a supermarket and several restaurants and bars very close (5 minutes walking distance) and you can also easily walk downtown in about 20 minutes. If you dont want to walk there is the tram right there. The area also feels safe at night.
The staff in the hostel was so helpful, when we came the drew us a map right then and showed us everything that is worth seeing.
The next time we will come to Budapest we will definitely stay in this great apartment again. Its clean, in a great area and comes at a very reasonable price.
We would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michaela J
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I loved this hostel, and Budapest so much!!! The staff were all rad, and extremely helpful with any questions my friend and I had. We stayed in the Africa room, and it literally felt like home. The hostel is in a great location, and very close to the metro station and within walking distance of a lot of things to do. Really recommend this hostel, and Agnes is the best! Thanks for the warm and welcoming stay :)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peterhiya
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed in the Africa room, which was perfect for our group of 5. The staff (especially Aga) are among the most friendly and helpful hostel staff I've encountered. They organised a Pub crawl which really gave us the opportunity to get to know the other guests better. The location is good, attractions were all within walking distance (if you are willing to walk), and near to the metro. Great value. As another reviewer mentioned as well the only thing that bothered me was the ladies showering area - the stalls were only covered by a shower curtain.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We chose this 'boutique hostel' based on postive reviews and inclusions in a trusted luxury hostel guide. Bad call. This hostel is simply a basic, poorly designed backpackers hostel masquerading as boutique hostel. Undisputedely it is good value but it has no comforts, luxuries or interesting design features that distinguish it from every other HI backpacker hostel on the continent. The biggest dissapointment for our group was the lack of comfort in the 5 bed-room we booked. The glass pane door didn't keep out any of the light from the corridor and kitchen- meaning despite drawing the certains and shutting the lights the room was bright. It was noisy. It was hot. When we opened the window to cool down the room it blew open the door (which doesn't lock.) We were awoken in the wee hours of the morning when a guest laid on the door bell to get access to the 24 hour reception- the door bell could be heard very audibly-in our room and if it's staffed 24 hours why did it take so long for them to let the guests in? There is only 1 female toliet (that we could find at least) which meant queing. The women's shower is only accessible through the kitchen which means you must trek past everyone eating their breakfast in the kitchen whilst you shuffle wrapped in your meagre towel between your room and the shower. When we were out for the afternoon we came up and the hostel had hung its washing out to dry in our room. Not for me and certainly not on par with some of the 'luxury' hostels I've visited. If it's just a simple bed you're after- this place is for you but don't be fooled by their luxury/botique hostel message as the image is not on par with the reality by a long stretch!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LaMarianina
AventuraHostel, Owner at Aventura Boutique Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Ladies,
I am very sorry, that your stay was not comfortable with us.It is true that we are just a very small family hostel in a 100 year old house and we have some facilities, that we cannot change. Like the position of the female bathroom and the number of toilets. There are only 20 beds, which means (if we think that 10 woman 10 man are in tha hostel), that one toilet is used by 10 people and one shower is for 5 people. I think it is very normal.
Thank you for the remark of the glass door - I was already thinking about changing it. Now I am sure I will. You see this is an old house with the old wooden doors and floors and I was trying to keep everyhing in the original way, to preserve the arcitecture. But sometimes it is simply not functional and we have to change. So I will.
Also I will make sure, that in the night we open the door very quickly, so the bell don't disturb others. You are right with the wasing as well, it shouldn't have been hanged in your room.
You were here in the low season, when we already run the place in a more family manner, since normally there are very few people. But during your stay, the hostel was unexpectedly full for two-three days- so this is what you have been experienced. I am very sorry again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was my first time I ever stayed in a hostel and I liked it so much. Really nice choice and the location is good (near the mall, the metro station and a beautiful train station) and all the hosts were so nice and helpful. The kitchen was so cute. Definitely coming back again.

there is only one small thing that bothered me and it was the shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends