“Could do better”

Pension Liechtenstein
Ranked #443 of 672 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in a room at Nagy Diofa Street 7. We arrived after the office closed on Friday evening, but we rang the number given and had to wait only 5 mins to be let in. The location is fine. Good public transport and lots of bars and restaurants, and even a Tesco supermarket.

The room seemed ok, but the TV didn't work and when we tried to shower on Saturday morning, the showerhead was broken. I called Lilla who arranged for a replacement to be provided, but it did not resolve the situation. The kitchenette facilities seemed ok. The walls are thin and we could hear the conversations of fellow guests.

If the shower and TV had worked I would have said that the room was great value for money, as it is really cheap. Both girls we dealt with were helpful, but the rooms need proper repairs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've made a booking at the Liechtenstein Apartments pension few weeks ago. Today upon my arrival I was proposed a room at Nagy Diófa street, 7. The hosts tried to charge me the full amount before showing the apartment. I was really impressed by what I saw - if the room can be called "a room", more like "a chamber". This room was in really bad condition, no window, crackles and stains on the walls, bad smell :(
I refused to stay there and asked for other options, but the hosts said that they are unable to change the room and there is nothing they can do.
I highly not recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Nagy Diófa, 7
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IgorIvaniuk
Reviewed October 30, 2012

For a study trip we stayed with a group of young people at the apartments.

We stayed at both the locations (Wesselenyi Utca and Nagy Diofa Utca). This review is about the Nagy Diofa Utca location.

The apartments are very well situated in the centre of Budapest near the major pubs & bars. The Nagy Diofa Utca apartments are located in a small, pretty quiet side street which is very nice.

The rooms we had were of a good design. Mostly IKEA, but it fitted well together. Unfortunately, the furniture and rooms are barely maintained. My shower didn't fit on the shower rail, so I had to shower while holding the shower in hand. In an other room a leg of the bed was missing, so the bed was slanting.

Some of the rooms didn't have any windows on the outside, only on the courtyard and the walkway. That made it very unsafe to open the windows because everybody would be able to walk into the room easily.

Rooms aren't cleaned during the weekend!

I would not recommened this accomodation. It is being neglected.

Room Tip: The Wesselenyi Utca location is better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sjoes
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Like Christian C a few reviews ago, my girlfriend and I stayed at the Riverside location on Falk Miksa utca, as they have three locations. If you get to stay here then you are in for a treat. The rooms are small but well appointed (fridge, hob, kettle, sink, microwave) but also quiet. Most impressive however is that if you go out the front door, turn left, and walk about 15 paces you are staring at the parliament right in front of you. The Wesselenyi Utca location is well placed for the station and other sights but is in a bit of a dodgy area.
Unlike Christian, we had bad service on the day of our arrival. Despite them sending a form asking when we would arrive, no-one was waiting/ answering at the main office leaving us standing outside ringing the numbers on the door (the number for the office is disconnected so don't bother ringing it). After a while, I think I got through to a staff member who was at home asleep and someone answered the door shortly after. From there we got a free taxi across to the Riverside location, which was very nice of them, with the lady saying that someone would be waiting. After 20 minutes waiting again in the sun outside a door with now no-one answering, a very kind gentleman who lives on the ground floor let us in and directed us to the inside door of the apartment (I cannot thank this man enough). After a further 10 minutes and managing to get through to the first woman again (who did apologise) a young woman arrived who let us in. During the short wait in the lobby (I would say a large apartment has been split up into various rooms) I'm pretty sure she was finishing off putting the sheets on the bed...
However, from previous reviews people don't seem to have had these issues so don't be put off just be wary and if you do get stuck outside waiting for someone to arrive just go to the cafe a few doors along. Otherwise it was a great little place!
PS. Christian C, I know what you mean about the courtyard area. It must have looked fantastic when it was built. Let's hope they restore it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

only is a normal hotel, host is kind. locationt is no far from intercity railway station, sunday and saturday staff member do not work is no good for guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank changhuai W
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I'm never over satisfied with my hotels, pensions, apartments but I have absolutely nothing to complain about our apartment with Liechtenstein. Really friendly staff, they arranged for a taxi from the main office to our apartment for their expenses. Location was absolutely brilliant right beside the parlement! Rooms where very descent, had all you would need and all very tidy and maintained. The only little thing would be the rest of the building being a bit old. But the only reason that gets me is because you can see the building used to be very beautiful but has parished.
Overall an awesome stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The staff were absolutely lovely and super friendly to us, they were students working for the summer and spoke great English. However you get what you pay for and we got 35 euro's worth of room. It certainly was not pretty or high design. It felt a bit like someone had taken an office and divided it into rooms for the lowest possible cost using whatever furniture they could get their hands on. It had dirty blinds that did not cover the windows properly. The inside of the shower curtain was smeared with someones bogeys. Aside from that though the rest of it seemed clean enough. The sheets and towels were clean. It had a fridge, a hotplate, a microwave and a kettle. It was in a great area. If you are a budget traveller who needs cooking facilitites or someone who just wants a cheap place to put their head down for one night I reccommmend it. If you are used to 4 stars, this is probably not for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple