“Very cozy, great location, quet room, friendly staff, clean bathrooms”

Connection Guesthouse
Ranked #58 of 666 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I can definitely recommend the guesthouse for shorter trips, as you get everything you need including a map, valuable tips about the city, great orientation manual, and so very friendly atmosphere.

The hosts go an extra mile to make you feel comfortable, and it feels in every detail: fresh towels, always clean bathrooms and toilets, a hair dryer in the room, liquid soap by each and every sink. Not every hotel does that!

The only drawback I noticed was the terrible pillows, those €1 IKEA stuff that gets all clumpy after a few weeks. But if you are planning to stay for a couple of nights, explore the city intensely, you will be tired enough to not even notice the tiny detail.

The Kiraly Utca street offers a great range of quick snack options, bistros, and bars.

The hosts are truly very nice and friendly, just ask them if you have any question on how to get here and there or book a table at the restaurant of your choice (which is a must do for all popular places on Tripadvisor).

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the inner court: 2-5 for sure are those you need. I would though avoid stayi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Connection Guesthouse

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My stay was very comfortable. I stayed for 3 nights during the week. The location is great and I could walk both to my meetings and for sight-seeing. In fact just walking through the neighborhood was interesting and there are plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants. The hosts were super nice and helpful; the rooms were clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Acceber88
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Found this Guesthouse on the net. My partner and I like to stay in low key smaller guest houses rather than the large expensive hotel chains.
We arrived in Kiraly Utca and found the building no problem. There are three flights of wide stairs up to the Guesthouse, not a problem for us but if you are not able to climb the stairs With luggage I am sure Tomas would help you.
We stayed in room 9 away from the street so it was vvvvvery quiet room 9 has a loft bed, a microwave, bar fridge and some kitchen utensils ( plates glasses cutlery etc) in case you want to make sandwiches for lunch and take them with you on the hop on hop off bus and eat them in a park. A supermarket is just next door to Connection ( Spar ). The room has plenty of storage space and a very modern bathroom. There is a flat screen TV with limited English language Chanel's and a safe in the room.
Beware if you want room 9 book well in advance!
Tomas will make you a hot breakfast in the morning and answer any questions you have on visiting Budapest. He will recommend restaurants of which we went to one and a great night out (Lado cafe ) which was a 100% on Spinoza beware!
Tomas is a gem and soooooo helpful.
I highly recommend Connection for travellers looking for low key good value accommodation.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Street if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed in room 9, lovely place, very central and you can walk every where you want.
Looks a bid dodgy from the outside, but a jewel behind the big doors.

We arrived after 1am and the guy running the b&b waited up for us to check us in...
Although we could not get breakfast the next morning, because he was still sleeping when we got up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013. I cannot say a bad word about my experience. Everyone was helpful and someone was always around in case you need anything. Breakfast was generous and got me through most of the afternoon. The hotel is near a metro station (Opera) although the metro is about as long as the one I use in Los Angeles. It was just a 20 min walk to the river from the hotel. I never really needed to take a bus anywhere because it was so easy to get around on foot. The bathroom was a great size and the room was clean and inviting. The one thing I would recommend: if you are a light sleeper- Room 8 faces the street and there is a bar across the street open all night long. I chose this room and it turned out to be very noisy between the bar and the drunk kids wondering through the streets all night long. Even with the "soundproof" windows. So if you are like me and can't block out the noise, don't pick Room 8. However, don't let that stop you from staying here. If you don't mind being off the beaten path a little...this is the place to stay. And don't miss Koleves - the restaurant around the corner. Charm and good food- you can't beat it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me ad my hubby stayed in connection just one night but If I go to Budapest again I will definitely go there..Cleaned rooms,cozy atmosphere,amazing receptionist TOMAS..was so cool. Tomas helped us finding best ways how to get to nice city sights.In short I highly reccomend this guest house. Marika

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we stayed in this place, and didn't want to leave. It is so close to everything, comfortable, feels like home, with a service of a hotel. Great breakfast. And the staff! The owner is nice, but the two guys were really excellent! Thank you THOMAS and ARPAD for the nice breakfasts, service and help!

• Stayed: June 2013