“Hidden treasure”

Connection Guesthouse
Ranked #71 of 682 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Arrive and was not too sure if I have made a mistake in the address but behind a huge door was a hidden treasure. Stay In room 9 which faced on the inner courtyard so was quite and very comfortable. Room was clean and a mini apartment with micowave/tea making/fridge etc. staff very friendly and helpful on direction and suggested restaurants in the nearby area. great location to public transport and walking distant to Jewish and Opera area. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo Y

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed in the Connection Guesthouse for a 2 night stay in May 2013. The location of the hotel is brilliant, really central and walking distance to most sights. Stayed in room 9 (courtyard facing) which is split over two levels with a sofa area and tv downstairs and the bed up the stairs in a balcony room. Loads of character and a wonderful stay. The staff were brilliant and recommended some lovely restaurants for us which we were very grateful for. Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marielu1
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had stayed in this guesthouse before in 2006 and nothing really changed from the last time.
Service is great, hotel is nice and still the same entrance to the street.
The hotel is in a great young area with nice restaurants, bars and shops and walking distance to lots of attractions
We could buy our public transportation card in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

It´s been a while since I´ve last been to Budapest but I still remember how friendly the staff was. Clean place and tottaly cozy. The breakfast was carefully prepared by the staff and was yummy.
The locations is awesome. I could walk to the Buda Castle through the Chain Bridge.
I tottaly recommend it and I miss Budapest!

Room Tip: Room number 5 is great for single traveller
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Connection Guest House from Sat Feb 2 through Wed Feb 6, 2013, in (street facing) Room number 8. We had originally asked for (courtyard-facing #9), due to a preference for night-time quiet. However, the innkeepers showed us room #8, as well, which had a larger room (vs the two smaller rooms of #9). We chose #8, and it worked well. Although it may get noisy at night during high season, during our stay the street noise was not bad. The room has easy-to-use inside wooden shutters, which would significantly reduce any street noise. During the day and evening, it was nice to see active streetlife.

We liked the unusual (by US/American norms) entrance through the courtyard. As a previous reviewer rightly indicated, the entrance and courtyard had an old-world feel (which we have encountered and enjoyed in other European cities).

The innkeepers were helpful, answering many questions and giving good advice on which restaurants/bars/baths/sites to visit. As advertised, the inn was also nicely located, providing easy access to a good neighborhood and a number of noteworthy sites (e.g., the Opera, restaurants, historic Pest, and the Andrassy strip). The inn is also convenient to the subway/metro (Opera stop), for farther-reaching touring. We used the subway several times, and found the train frequency to be quite high.

We found Budapest to be a beautiful city, even in Winter. We found the city to be, overall, very affordable in the off-season Winter. If we ever get back to Budapest, we will look into availability at the Connection Guest House.

Room Tip: We liked street-facing 8, but it was the dead of Winter. It was large, and well appointed. If you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is the perfect location in Pest. The two gentlemen that run the Connection are very friendly, informative and helpful. The room was very nice, clean and quiet despite facing the street. I actually requested a room facing the street so I could people watch and see daily life in Budapest. I hope to return and I do my wife and I will be staying at the Connection again!

PS- As other people reviewing have pointed out, don't judge this hotel by the entrance way. I personally liked the old world feel to the entrance way and courtyard but I can see how some might be wary. Once in the lobby, you'll see it's a top notch place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eatsandsleeps
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Just back from my wonderful 5 days in this beautiful City... spent in this B&B.
After reading all those feedabacks about Connection Guest House, I've decided to spend my holiday here ad would suggest it to everyones..
The building is very nice and authentic same as all the ones in this city.. The B is super efficient, clean and the staff is super...
I had a room on the main street and could not feel any issue... no any noisy at all ! For the comment I've ready that this B&B is in front of a Pub, yes, it is true but in one week I had not any noisy from it... and for the other comments which says that outside here is a Metro station, I think we are not talking abut the same place !
The place is great, super clean, warm, super friendly, extremely central and there re not any negative feedback to do.... even the fridge in the big room...Staff works from 7am till midnight in order to get your stay as much comfortable as possible...
Congratulation to Connectin Guest House staff !!!!

Room Tip: I had a look to some of them... all of them are nice & big...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo