“Value for Money”

Ranked #244 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Blue Mountains
“Value for Money”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean and comfortable this hotel is well located. A great economical choice for travellers, the rooms are clean and nice without the luxury of a better grade hotel. Why have hotels done away with tea and coffee making facilities though?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cadici
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear „cadici”,

I am greatful for your review posted on Tripadvisor about your stay at our Atantic Hotel.
I was delighted to read that your were satisfied with our hotel’s location and room. I would like to kindly draw your attention that Atlantic is a 3-star hotel, and the tea and coffee making facilities are not ruled, therefore our rooms are not equipped with these. I hope despite of this we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again, hopefully very soon!

Kind regards,

Szilvia Zámori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked this hotel when going to the world dog show as it was cheap. I had read the reviews after i had booked it and was a bit worried by some of them as to were it was.

The hotel was easy to get to from the airport by bus tran metro and a short walk.

The hotel is clean and we had a good size room with tv although no English channels but when on hols do you really want to watch tv ?

Th staff have great information about tours events etc in the city and will book them for you so easy and they all speak good English.

The area around the hotel is a bit run down and some people may be put of with some drunk people and homeless people but at any time of the day and night i was never in any danager at all and iam easy going about homeless people as most cities have them and if you look down on them they are not nice people.

they dont allow dogs which is a down side for me as we travel with our dogs alot but this time someone else which was in a dog freindly hotel looked after our dogs.

Breakfast was good for European hotels not as good as getting an Ulster fry in Ireland but the world would be a strange place if we dideverything the same

over all i will stay here again and it is a great city to go to for a few days loved it so much

Room Tip: one at the front of the hotel although dont keep windows open as trams pass in front of the hotel a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Northernirishman
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear „Northernirishman”,

I would like you truly thank you for your time and effort to share your detailed feedback with other readers. I am pleased to read your all-embracing positive comment. Your kind words regarding our always helpful reception staff are really appreciated. As you mentioned we try to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible, for this reason we have a lot of brouchers about programs in Budapest, and our receptionists of course also sell tickets for them.
Unfortunately we could not allow dog in our hotel due its structural design, but it is a great pleasure to hear that you have found an excellent place to your dogs.
Regarding the breakfast I was glad to read that you were satisfied with it, but you mentioned that you have got better in Ireland. Please be ensured that we take your review serius, therefore at the same time I would like to kindly request you to contact me directly on this e-mail adress: sales@atlantichotel.hu and send me your kind suggestions regarding our breakfast, because we think our offer (two type of bread, roll, sweet confectioneries, two types of hot breakfast meals, cereal, corn flakes, yogurt, vegetables (cucumber, tomato), two types of jam, honey, two kind of cheese, bacon, two kind of salami, paté, two types of salad with mayonnaise, juice, ten types of tea, and coffee) is enough wide.
Many thanks for your kind review again, and the entire staff of our Atlantic Hotel is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us again!

Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had a great stay here. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and gave us plenty of tips on the best places to go. The hotel was clean and bright, and the breakfasts were just enough to get us started for the day.
There have been reviews that say this hotel is in a dodgy area, it is on the outskirts of the main part of Budapest and there are a lot of homeless people around but we didnt feel uncomfortable walking back to the hotel in the early hours of the morning and had no trouble at all.
The location is brilliant as there is a tram stop right outside the hotel and its only a 10 minute walk from one of the main metro stations.
Would stay here again, and would recommend definitely.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the hotel as the trams can be a little noisy in the morning!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TeamSpanner
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear TeamSpanner,

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the travel community of Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read, that we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your stay in our Atlantic Hotel. I sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding our helpful staff.
It is nice to hear that you were satisfied with the location of our hotel, and you didn’t feel the hotel's area dangerous.
I would like to thank you once again for staying with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good location, its clean, very very cheap hotel, breakfast acceptable, the attention it's nice, it's safe, the airconditioning works perfectly. It's a renovated hotel so almost everything it's new. Perfect location to stay for a low price

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Susan136
Szilvi Z, E-Commerce Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Susan136,
Many thank for sharing your experiences with the readers. I was delighted to hear that you liked our hotel, and the service!
I hope you will return on time and we could welcome you again!
Kind Regards: Szilvia Zámori
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Before I booked in I had a look on this hotel, there were only a few good reviews so I had the feeling this hotel won't be good enough, but I needed a central hotel so I booked in.

The area is not the best as this hotel is a central hotel, but it is close to all the important business places in Budapest. The room was nice and cleann the bed was very comfortable. The shower room with the toilet, shower and sink was big enough. The WIFI was very important for me as I was working there and I was so glad, when the receptionist told me that there is WIFI.

The breakfast was just amazing. There were hot and cold meal options so I could eat something different every morning. (it was delicious)

The staff was lovely. They were helpful, kind and made me feel welcome.

It was much better than I thought it would be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Linda H
Szilvi Z, E-Commerce Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Linda H!

Fist of all let me thank you for choosing our Atlantic hotel for your staying in Budapest. I can not be grateful enough for your generous review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our colleagues provided you an excellent service.
It would be our greatest pleasure to having you back in the future!

Kind Regards
Szilvi Zámori
Zaporojhye
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been there two nights, can say i'm quite satisfied. Location good (near to center), there a good small shop where you can buy local wine) Rooms and interiors are nice for standing couple of nights. And they cleaned rooms while you was away which is very good as for me. In some hotels they dont clean rooms if knows that you stay only for 2 nights. No less no more. But breakfast is really poor and not tasty:( And i think its important for foreigners which should start their day with positive note) Pick this hotel just for short time.

Room Tip: All rooms there are the same. No tips at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shepsys
Szilvi Z, E-Commerce Manager at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Shepsys!

Many thanks for living your comment sharing with travel community. It is very important for us to listen and learn from also the negative opinions.
It's a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied. I apologize for you could not enjoy the breakfasttime, and the meals. We are working to improve our services based on guests reviews. I am going to forward your review, and your opinion to the competent department. I hope you will stay us again on your next visit to Budapest.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Myself and bunch of lads stayed here on a stag do,
I wanted to move but we couldn't find another hotel closer to the town,
We were told by our tour guide when you leave the hotel do not turn right ,turn left and go towards the town the right was a no go area
Scared yes

Room Tip: Get the back of the hotel not the front Trams will wake you up and keep you awake
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends