“Amazing hotel”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #27 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at Boscolo. The room was spacious with a king size bed. The decor across the hotel was luxurious. One would definitely feel like a king :)
The most beautiful part of the hotel was the New York Cafe where we had our breakfast every morning - breakfast was to die for - great selection and high quality food.
The spa was a bit of a disappointment as we were looking for traditional Turkish baths but what we found was an incredibly hot steam room where you could pour cold water over yourself. Totally not what we expected after reading the hotel info.
All in all Boscolo is a wonderful hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Had such high expectations of the Hotel Boscolo, the pictures looked stunning. Whilst the lobby was lovely, the rooms were small and rather pokey. The New York Cafe was very pretty and the hot chocolates were excellent. Despite this we were left underwhelmed having expected five star luxury. The pool and spa facilities were mediocre, and breakfast left a lot to be desired.
We possibly built this hotel up too much, but I certainly do not think that it is worthy of five stars nor does it live up to expectation.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vickyray
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'vickyray',

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am delighted that our lobby has charmed you but I am sorry to see that overall we did not reach your expectations. Please let me assure you that lately we had numerous service improvements hoping to provide a memorable stay day by day to our guests. At Boscolo Budapest we have a great selection of rooms with different layouts and I believe we would be able to find the one for you that guarantees your highest level of comfort. It would be our honor to welcome you back and provide you an excellent hotel experience upon your next visit to Budapest.

With kind regards,
Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Impresive hotel from underground spa with chroma therapy LED lighting to the magnifisant roomwe were appointed at the top front part of the hotel. At the time of my arrival the circular reception area
seems like a stretch into a modern style that really doesnt suit the fabulous lobby/attrium. The New York cafe is a step back in time to heavy velour curtains & comfortable plush seating. I felt as though i was back in the 1950'(even though i wasn't even born then). I know for a fact that my grandparents & even my parents frequented the cafe when they live in Budapest. The breakfasts were magnificent. All your western selection covered but oh the hungarian cold cuts mmmmm My daughters & I had our fill the week we were there. The hotel at the time offered a private driver to take us to certain destination, mainly restaurants however the taxi service is reasonable also. Our room was fantastic with a separate living room area, walk in closets hugh bedroom with king bed & the bathroom was just that large tub separate shower double sinks all marble with ample towels & toiletries....I highly reommend this hotel & the price was great !

Room Tip: Always ask to be upgraded & look at the room before hand
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2014

You will be amazed when you walk into this hotel, the inside lobby and the dining area make you feel as though you walked into a palace. The room are large, quiet, with Jacuzzi tubs and separate showers. the service is the best around and took care of multiple requests with ease. The location is central to all types of public transportation and you can walk to many historical sites.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is beautiful, both outside and inside. The atrium is breathtaking, and the New York Café really is one of the most beautiful cafés I've ever been. The staff is very polite and helpful.

The main problem I had with the hotel was the design of the bathroom. The room itself is comfortable, with all you amenities you would expect from a five stars hotel, but the bathroom was really a nightmare, specially when taking a shower. Not sure if it was that the rain shower in the room was not used much, but the water had little pressure and it went EVERYWHERE. I had to use 2 or 3 towels every time I used it just to dry off the floor and the mess it made. Also, the sliding door to the bathroom didn't close all the way, giving no privacy, and the separate toilet inside the bathroom doesn't have a door, making it useless if you want to share the bathroom.

Another problem was the spa. It really needs some work, with none of showers working properly, no amenities at all, no towels (you have to ask for one at the spa reception), and an over all tired look.

Overall, we had a nice stay here, just these minor details that can be easily fixed and would make this an even better hotel and up to it's standards.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'MarioLoubet',

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your precious time spent on providing your valued feedback. I am delighted to see that overall you had a nice stay with us and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts for fields of improvements. I would kindly like to assure you that your concerns are addressed and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to provide an excellent hotel experience upon your next visit.

With kind regards,
Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2014

An amazing hotel with a stunning atrium. Great decor throughout. Friendly and professional staff who made us feel special. The whole experience was luxurious and elegant.
Had a fantastic room with a balcony. Room was large, very well decorated and furnished, with a huge, extremely comfortable, bed and the marble bathroom was everything you need.
Breakfast was good. The fine dining restaurant - The Salon - amazing (see separate review).
The Spa treatments I had were to die for. I had a fantastic facial from Patricia and an equally good head and foot massage from Aniko.
This hotel isn't on the river but is a good location, with the hop on/ hop off bus stopping right outside and it's very easy to get taxis.
A first class stay - and much cheaper than The Gresham!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

What an amazing hotel. The outside is dramatic, the inside is beyond words, but amazing springs to mind.

I had a lovely room, just off the main central atrium, tucked away in a corner, a walk in wardrobe, a huge bedroom, balcony, and bathroom that was big, big bath, big shower.

I did have a problem with hot water and ants in the big bathroom. Water problem not fixed during my stay which was disappointing. Reception staff in the evening not helpful, but in the morning as I checked out they were mortified at how I'd been treated and made it all right.

Breakfast was outstanding.

It's within walking distance of some lovely restaurants.

Room Tip: I think rooms off the main atrium could suffer from night noise, as I was tucked round the corner an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business